Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Poopots's Cover Challenge #21 - the letter H - Making Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Poopots's Cover Challenge #21 - the letter H

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• In the past I've just Google image searched words associated with the song and picked one. This time I did the same but with an AI image generator
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Just emailed mine in. Tried to be artsy and record this half tempo but realized after doing one verse this would make it 6 minutes long. Not wanting to subject anyone to that I panicked and recorded a solo and chorus at full tempo and ending up with a Frankensteinian mish mash.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • @2003amxl in the playlist
  • I've sent one in.  I decided to replace talent with fuzz, phasing and backwards guitars.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • @idiotwind in the playlist
  • AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 855
    edited November 2022
    @flying_pie - Hi, I've sent an entry for this.

It's a cover of Haitian Divorce by Steely Dan though with a somewhat different and acoustic feel than the original.
    Royal Scam is one of my top all time favourite albums so this was a lot of fun.
    Cheers
  • @AlbertC in the playlist
  • HabaneroHabanero Frets: 225
    I've just sent in my attempt.
  • @Habanero in the playlist bringing it up to 15 tracks
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Have sent in my cover of Hard to Handle. Worked on a few new things for this entry.

Everything apart from Bass stem was played by me (ran out of time to do basslines).
    Live drums recorded in my music room took some time to work out how to post-process and mix.
    Solos were recorded in phrases and best takes used (a technique Ive not used before).
    Vocals were done in four takes - keeping best phrases from each take.

I enjoyed doing this one!
    Would appreciate any feedback on areas to work on and improve.

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • @mrkb it hasn't arrived in my email. Do you want to send it again?
    @mrkb it hasn't arrived in my email. Do you want to send it again?
    I sent it to covers@thefretboard.co.uk is that the correct address?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • It's come through now. @mrkb in the playlist

• Reminder that entries close 11.30pm on Fri 23rd Dec
    Will be sending another one in this evening - just awaiting a large glitter delivery.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Have finished tinkering with the glitter and sent in my second cover.

Dirty Honeys Heartbreaker.

I struggled with the vocal as it was a bit too high for me to do justice (but Id started the project so carried on), had to learn how to use Melodyne properly to correct my straining voice. Will hope to re-record the vocal in the future with more vocal practice, and add my own drums.

Drums were Superior Drummer 3 playing a converted GuitarPro song tab MIDI file
    Bass was EZBass playing a converted GuitarPro song tab MIDI file
    Rest was me.

As before any feedback on ways to improve the recording, mixing, audio etc greatly appreciated.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • @mrkb in the playlist again
  • Entries closed