Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Share your Groovebox / Electronic Creations - Making Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Share your Groovebox / Electronic Creations

What's Hot

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    Snap said:
    Managed to get second place in the Elektronauts hip hop competition with this number: 

Now this is cool. Like it a lot. Great mix/master too, sounds v good, open and punchy, and balanced. You should see if you can find any music by a chap called Waiwan - did a couple of good albums way back, similar style

Thanks, I should add it's made entirely from samples from Alien other than the drum one shots.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • This was made in an afternoon, 2 days after first touching the Roland TR-6S . It is completely on the 6S recorded into the MPC Software.
    I actually think I’d like to start recording video of me performing with it and start putting it out there 

https://on.soundcloud.com/dgTigpRVzaz6FURdA
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader
    This was made in an afternoon, 2 days after first touching the Roland TR-6S . It is completely on the 6S recorded into the MPC Software.
    I actually think I’d like to start recording video of me performing with it and start putting it out there 

https://on.soundcloud.com/dgTigpRVzaz6FURdA
    Nice work.

Yeah video it. I think Dawless really benefits from being able to see what people are doing.

I've got a TR-6S, but I've never really bonded with it.
    Seems you are doing some really nice stuff with it.
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2350
    Just finished a new track, aimed at filling a dancefloor. Might have to try that out sometime. All I need is a dancefloor and loads of drunk people!!!

• danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2588
    Nice tracks all. Here’s one I chopped up recently with @Artsutanov’s old MPC

https://on.soundcloud.com/2D52b

not sure about the arrangement or how to end it yet but it’s progressing
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader

The unexpected Bruce Hornsby remix.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader
    Nice tracks all. Here’s one I chopped up recently with @Artsutanov’s old MPC

https://on.soundcloud.com/2D52b

not sure about the arrangement or how to end it yet but it’s progressing
    Tidy Beats

I need to get an MPC at some point. 

I'm buggering about with a Model Cycles at the moment.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8409
    Just finished a new track, aimed at filling a dancefloor. Might have to try that out sometime. All I need is a dancefloor and loads of drunk people!!!

Very nice, how were the vocals done as they seem very formed, were they from scratch?

edited March 2023
    Here’s the latest one I’m working on - ended up very guitar heavy, despite the sequenced origins, so probably doesn’t quite meet the electronic criteria, but hey, nowhere else to drop it! 

dindude said:

Very nice, how were the vocals done as they seem very formed, were they from scratch?

They're a sample that I bought. Needed chopping up and arranging whilst working on the general chord progressions and sound/vibe of the track. The Adlibs at the end were just ones that I had that were added to to make the ending more interesting than just a repeat of the chorus
    Do any of you guys use mastering tools or otherwise for the finishing polish? 

I just tried Landr - AI based mastering (annd dirt cheap per song) and it was better than I thought it would be, certainly helped in boosting the levels and adding a bit of brightness and cohesiveness. 

https://on.soundcloud.com/3RWsEnXZm4hEwRq76
    tFB Trader
    dindude said:
    Do any of you guys use mastering tools or otherwise for the finishing polish? 

I just tried Landr - AI based mastering (annd dirt cheap per song) and it was better than I thought it would be, certainly helped in boosting the levels and adding a bit of brightness and cohesiveness. 

https://on.soundcloud.com/3RWsEnXZm4hEwRq76

I always chuck things in a DAW and use Fabfilter plugins.

It makes a big difference.

You can usually get the basic version of Izotope Ozone for not too much cash.
    Cool, thanks. I’ve limited myself to IOS so I’ll need see what’s available for that. 
    tFB Trader
    I think Fabfilter is available on iOS
    I've used Tootrack EZ Mix and Ozone in the past. Tend to stick to Ozone now
    edited April 2023
    Finally got around to spending some more time on the track that inspired this thread - adding some arpeggiated bass (as was the biggest suggestion) and a few other bits of stereo interest. Definitely plugs a hole that was there. 

• sxardsxard Frets: 33
    Here's a track mixing synths and a drum machine with guitars and live drums that we recorded at Abbey Road Studios a while back but that's taken a lot of mixing etc. to come together:

https://sxards.bandcamp.com/track/mirrorlight
    tFB Trader
    My latest a Synthwave reimagining of Alexander O'Neil 

It was a test track for the new Baby Audio BA-1 synth.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

That’s really nicely done, the synth sounds are great too. 
    tFB Trader
    dindude said:

That’s really nicely done, the synth sounds are great too. 

Cheers!

BA-1 is half price at the moment so it's well worth a punt.
  • personalnadirpersonalnadir Frets: 352

Great sounds, love the vibes!
  • personalnadirpersonalnadir Frets: 352

Gotten back into messing around with Koala. I bring you... lo-fi doo wop vibes? A happy accident

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    This one I’m getting there with, I’ve tried to up my game on the production side, still have some work to do (there’s a LOT of tracks on this), but would be genuinely interested in any constructive feedback on structure / mix.

https://on.soundcloud.com/9f2faH1ZCsTnDx2j7
    tFB Trader
    dindude said:
    This one I’m getting there with, I’ve tried to up my game on the production side, still have some work to do (there’s a LOT of tracks on this), but would be genuinely interested in any constructive feedback on structure / mix.

Great work.
    You've clearly made a big step forward.

Reminds me of mid period Radiohead.

I'd say maybe have a look at putting some glue like tape sim and compressor or saturation on some busses to give it some cohesion and maybe put some variation on the drums. Maybe put some slow lfos or automation on things to add movement and interest.

I'd seriously recommend getting into some of the mission briefs on Elektronauts it's a super nice community.
    dindude said:

Great work.
    You've clearly made a big step forward.

Reminds me of mid period Radiohead.

I'd say maybe have a look at putting some glue like tape sim and compressor or saturation on some busses to give it some cohesion and maybe put some variation on the drums. Maybe put some slow lfos or automation on things to add movement and interest.

I'd seriously recommend getting into some of the mission briefs on Elektronauts it's a super nice community.
    Cheers, good feedback, and yes some automation on the synths is a good idea, there’s some saturation on some bits, but def need to get a bit more microscopic with the mix laments, there are a few transitions I’m not happy with, like the 2nd verse into the pre-chorus. 
    tFB Trader
    What are you making it on?
    Cubasis on iPad, with some sequencing done in Korg Gadget (also on iPad). 
    tFB Trader
    dindude said:

Can you use plugins?

The baby Audio Super VHS and TAIP are great for adding colour.
    dindude said:

Can you use plugins?

The baby Audio Super VHS and TAIP are great for adding colour.
    You can use plug ins (I’ve got plenty from that rabbit hole), but they need be AUV3 and I they need to be in the App Store, don’t think those two above are but I’ll see what there is. 
    tFB Trader
    They have pitch drift and magic switch which are mini versions and free.