Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Baum Guitars anyone? - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Baum Guitars anyone?

What's Hot

Comments

• OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    Maak said:
    I've just noticed the scratch on the fingerboard close up I've taken!
    That wouldn't bother me :-)

Very nice.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • That looks really nice. The knobs aren’t as close as they looked elsewhere 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • That's really lovely, congratulations! 
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8170
    That's definitely the coolest model they do, in the best colour. Glorious looking thing...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • That is a lovely looking thing! Are you happy with the QC / sound etc?
  • MaakMaak Frets: 52
    That is a lovely looking thing! Are you happy with the QC / sound etc?
    I am planning to change the pickups to p90s, but that's a personal choice rather than a knock on the pickups themselves.  
    And aside from the small scratch on the fretboard the QC is very good.     
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I'm liking this model. The Green finish is cool and the black is too.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/guitar-dept/electric-guitars/baum-vega-wingman-electric-guitar-in-misty-green
    And they said that in our time, all that's good will fall from grace, even Saints would turn their face, in our time.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • It does look a bit like the Trent model, I watched a YouTube play one of those recently what a great guitar

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2022
    edited October 2022
    Maak said:
    I'm yet to peel off the plastic protection.  It takes me ages to do that with guitars/screens etc!  
    Don't wait too long! Obviously wait until you're sure you're keeping it, but once you are- take it off. I used to leave them on, the thinking being, "It'll keep it in better condition!"

That is totally not true. It doesn't always happen, but if you're unlucky, if you leave the clear plastic film on the pickguard too long (and maybe on other bits, too) it can leave a sticky residue which can be nigh-on impossible to remove.

Lovely guitar, by the way 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Dave_Mc said:
    Maak said:
    I'm yet to peel off the plastic protection.  It takes me ages to do that with guitars/screens etc!  
    Don't wait too long! Obviously wait until you're sure you're keeping it, but once you are- take it off. I used to leave them on, the thinking being, "It'll keep it in better condition!"

That is totally not true. It doesn't always happen, but if you're unlucky, if you leave the clear plastic film on the pickguard too long (and maybe on other bits, too) it can leave a sticky residue which can be nigh-on impossible to remove.

I'm not sure about guitars,and maybe I wouldnt advise it on the wooden parts of guitars but WD40 is fantastic for removing the sticky residue of various labels used on golf clubs for example. I am guessing sticky residue on the non wooden parts would work well,such as the plastics and metals?
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    Dave_Mc said:
    Maak said:

I'm not sure about guitars,and maybe I wouldnt advise it on the wooden parts of guitars but WD40 is fantastic for removing the sticky residue of various labels used on golf clubs for example. I am guessing sticky residue on the non wooden parts would work well,such as the plastics and metals?
    This stuff is great too - https://www.lakeland.co.uk/8976/sticky-stuff-glue-residue-and-oil-remover-250ml
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Dave_Mc said:
    Maak said:

I removed all of the film off my high end Musicman guitars very late into their time with me and luckily it all came off easily! 

Good advice though. 
  • Really love the Baum designs. I think it’s the price that’s turned me off in the past tbh
  • They sent me a really nice 'custom shop' Leaper Air to check out a few months ago. It's a great guitar. Roasted maple neck is really comfortable and it plays amazingly well. Interesting sounding thing too. Humbuckers, bolt on, 25.5" scale, 12" board, very slim construction and almost completely hollow - sounds very old school but not much like a 335. More like 330 with more spank and less midrange honk.
    Dave_Mc said:
    Maak said:

This is the stuff to use.  Just don't drink it :-)

GooGone.jpg 969.1K
    edited November 2022
    I'm not sure- I haven't tried it myself. The big problem with it is that something which is strong enough to dissolve the residue might also be strong enough to dissolve the pickguard!

I got some label remover spray, but I haven't tried it on a scratchplate yet- it did work very well on a mirror. Excellent work by the manufacturer sticking a sticker-with-residue onto the viewing surface! s I'm not sure I'll get round to bothering with the label remover on the scratchplate, as it's fairly likely I'll just buy a new scratchplate for that guitar anyway as I want to change the electronics setup on the guitar.

Whitecat said:
    LOL I literally just put in a Lakeland order last night because they had 20% off. Luckily I didn't actually need it (I got my label remover from CPC when I was buying electronics stuff), but yeah. Talk about timing...

I removed all of the film off my high end Musicman guitars very late into their time with me and luckily it all came off easily! 

Good advice though. 
    Yeah you can definitely get lucky. But if you don't- especially if it's not a standard shape pickguard like a Strat- it can be very annoying! Better to take it off early, basically- I learnt my lesson!

Offset said:

Yeah the American forums always mention that stuff as being great. I tried to find it over here, but I couldn't.
    Dave_Mc said:
    Offset said:

Yeah the American forums always mention that stuff as being great. I tried to find it over here, but I couldn't.
    Amazon is your friend.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Goo-Gone-Original-Liquid-Adhesive/dp/B00006IBNJ/ref=sr_1_6?crid=IGJ24SRAPXD3&keywords=goo+gone&qid=1667390637&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIzLjE5IiwicXNhIjoiMi44NyIsInFzcCI6IjIuODEifQ==&sprefix=goo+gone,aps,204&sr=8-6&th=1
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    tell you what does work well to remove stuff like that -  hand sanitizer 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    bertie said:
    tell you what does work well to remove stuff like that -  hand sanitizer 
    Try Wilf.  If it works, I'll try Pickle.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Offset said:
    Dave_Mc said:
    Offset said:

Amazon is your friend.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Goo-Gone-Original-Liquid-Adhesive/dp/B00006IBNJ/ref=sr_1_6?crid=IGJ24SRAPXD3&keywords=goo+gone&qid=1667390637&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIzLjE5IiwicXNhIjoiMi44NyIsInFzcCI6IjIuODEifQ==&sprefix=goo+gone,aps,204&sr=8-6&th=1
    Thanks! I'm sure when I was trying to find it years ago, I checked Amazon and they didn't have it. Needless to say, now I don't need it (as I said, I got a spray label removed which seems to work fine for all I need it), they have it! If I ever use up the one I have, I'll get one of those, thanks again for the heads-up :) 
  • Offset said:
    Dave_Mc said:
    Maak said:

I used that on my floor to remove the adhesive from linoleum tiling and it was brilliant. Personally though,I wouldnt put it near a guitar based on its effectiveness to do that on a solid floor.
    I used that on my floor to remove the adhesive from linoleum tiling and it was brilliant. Personally though,I wouldnt put it near a guitar based on its effectiveness to do that on a solid floor.
    That's always the worry:

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1255
    edited January 2023
    I like the cut of this one.
    https://youtu.be/Fl6llb51-sg
  • stylesforfreestylesforfree Frets: 147
    I really like the Wingman-W coral blue! looks tasty. I think it has reignited my GAS. Ugghh!

• SvartmetallSvartmetall Frets: 456
    I must confess that I find them hideous, but then again it'd be very boring if we all liked the same guitars. I'm sure these will be just what some people are looking for :)
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1397
    Anybody else have Paul McCartney's frog chorus tune triggered by this brand name?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SvartmetallSvartmetall Frets: 456
    Anybody else have Paul McCartney's frog chorus tune triggered by this brand name?
    You earworming swine! Damn you, sir! Damn you to the very sphincter of Hades!
  • SunburstSunburst Frets: 96
    I like the look of their new Revolt model:

https://baumguitars.com/product/revolt-ocean-mist-bigsby/
  • kennyabiskennyabis Frets: 76
    Picked up an Original series Wingman a short while ago. Have to say im very impressed by it. Played great straight out of the box and the in house pickups really do have their own unique sound. Ive had a lot of the currently popular boutique brands in recently (Ivison, Trent, Huber etc) and while the Baum was the cheapest of the bunch it was probably the one I was most impressed by. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter