Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Is the forum really slow for everyone? - Help & Feedback Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Is the forum really slow for everyone?

What's Hot

Comments

• danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2588
    Still quite slow and definitely giving me dopamine hit anxiety. 
     B) 

It’s happening on load of ‘discussions’ on mobile. Have not tried desktop version. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2588

Still quite slow and definitely giving me dopamine hit anxiety. 
     B) 

It’s happening on load of ‘discussions’ on mobile. Have not tried desktop version. 
    Other functions like posting seem speedy and normal. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Still slow this morning.  Shame....I was hoping it was my phone... nearly had an excuse to get a new one.
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    edited August 2021
    Fast again now. 

Oh, that’s odd, it’s slow again. It went fast for about a minute. 
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 3775
    Really quite slow still for me at 8:20am.  
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4080
    It's the forum's way of telling us to think carefully about which threads we're clicking, instead of shredding dozens of threads in rapid succession.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 1966
    Still very slow for me as well. @digitalscream - just to keep you informed!  
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 4926
    Same here. Started last night -it’s never happened before - and is the same on two Macs, an iPad and a phone. 
    Call me Dave.
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 643
    It’s really odd as it’s been super slow for months for me. So much so when I make a post I copy it before hitting “post comment” as 80% of the time it just loops for ages, doesn’t make the post and then looses what you’ve written. 
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 29588
    Yep, slow for me on Android and Ubuntu. 
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    Right, so last night's work didn't help. The next most sensible option is an upgrade that's pending - the trouble is, that'll need about half an hour of downtime. I'll do that tonight, probably after 11pm.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 643
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    unusually slow for me today ,worse than the last few days
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    It also appears to be randomly dropping some avatars - at least it's doing that for me?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    TTony said:
    It also appears to be randomly dropping some avatars - at least it's doing that for me?
    I switched off the Gravatar plugin, which appeared to be causing problems last night - hasn't helped, unfortunately.

<space for hire>
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    It's still crap.
    It's still crap.
    Whoa there, steady on son :D

Seriously, though...I can take the forum down during the day if it's getting to the point where it's unusable. Thoughts?
    <space for hire>
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    It's really really slow.

To the point where I'm actually reading OT on Basschat...

Man they are boring! :D 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6284
    Do it (with a place holder page explaing outage)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    Jalapeno said:
    Do it (with a place holder page explaing outage)
    Do it, but with a redirect somewhere .... 
    :D 
  • Very slow at the moment
    Unfortunately, the only option is to take the whole lot down.

Think that's what I'm going to have to do, though :(
    <space for hire>
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 29588

Go for it, I have a million Facebook cat videos to catch up on anyway 
    :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • martmart Frets: 5165
    Go for it. We'll just assume it's being slightly slower. :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader

Go for it chap. 

You can redirect to the old Music Radar - "There was a security problem with our forum" page that they had up for about 6 months.
    I spent my lunchtime over at Mumsnet instead.

They're not a very tolerant lot over there.  
     :o 
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 897
    Still slow for me on iOS. Only started to be slow yesterday evening/this morning. 
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 897
    Still slow for me on iOS. Only started to be slow yesterday evening/this morning. 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 10961
    Still very slow for me
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Yeah, very slow for me too.

I've having to resort to doing some work.