Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Trent Guitars - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Trent Guitars

What's Hot

Comments

• Lovely looking guitars so big congrats. How is the paint for overpainting? I’m thinking a pink base with a lake placid blue type finish over it would wear brilliantly. I’m also thinking a single bridge p90 with a wraparound bridge a la junior would look sooo good!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TrentGuitarsTrentGuitars Frets: 1636
    Lovely looking guitars so big congrats. How is the paint for overpainting? I’m thinking a pink base with a lake placid blue type finish over it would wear brilliantly. I’m also thinking a single bridge p90 with a wraparound bridge a la junior would look sooo good!
    Hey bud!

I'd love to do an overpaint job - it certainly works as I know from respraying proto bodies over the top.

And a junior/wraparound can certainly be done!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Evening all!

I've messaged a few of you who did show interest is in this thread about becoming part of the 'founders club', which is my way of saying I'll make you one for a hefty discount in order to get some out into the forum! I was a bit apprehensive as I didn't want people to think I was doing a cash grab but I was really surprised to have it be so well received. So I've decided to offer it on here to anyone who is following this thread. It's not restricted to getting a certain amount of people on board. I'd happily make just one at the reduced rate but I'm happy to do so for the first few to put an order in.

Chuck me a PM if you're interested and I can give you the run down!
  • bengabenga Frets: 19
    This forum is dangerous. He I am here pondering trading my Epiphone ‘56 goldtop for a Squier Jazzmaster as I’ve not bonded with it and now I’m wondering if I can stretch to a hand made in the UK custom build guitar  :o  :# 

(the answer is probably no, I can’t. But a man can dream  =)

These look amazing - spotted you on Instagram before you posted on the forum. I’d second the suggestion that one with a jazzmaster trem would be great. What about with JM pickups too?  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 1977
    TTony said:
    Why don’t you try and let the fretboard community pass one around without shipping? Like someone near picks it up then who ever is near to them picks up and so on? Then you will get a varied review by different  players?
    Spot on @Funkydung ;

There'll be some community old timers who might remember the Jooky build that pretty much toured the country, North to South and East to West, being passed from hand to hand in service station car parks and other popular meeting places.

I'd have thought that the "usual suspects" in and around the SE could arrange something on a more restricted geographical scale.  An opportunity to try out a different guitar from a new builder for a week or two, opportunity to hang around a dodgy car park in the twilight hours to meet a friendly stranger (and hand the guitar on to the next test driver).  Maybe write up some thoughts / comments here.  Perhaps add a sound/video clip or two.  

I don't remember who was involved in the Jooky tour, but @McToot always seems to be involved in things ....
    I was involved certainly. It may even have been my idea when in a toubled cheese-inflicted dream. I know I kept a google map for a while charting its progress but it really did some miles that guitar. Even got gigged in Glasgow IIRC. 

Poole is a bit of a step for me to pick up but I'd be happy to be a leg in the tour. It's a lovely thing and I've got a hankering for an offset... I'm sure I could pass it onto my old mate and ex colleague @PonchoGreg who is in South London and that would open up a move elsewhere in the big smoke...

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• PonchoGregPonchoGreg Frets: 762
    McToot said:
    TTony said:
    Why don’t you try and let the fretboard community pass one around without shipping? Like someone near picks it up then who ever is near to them picks up and so on? Then you will get a varied review by different  players?
    Spot on @Funkydung ;

There'll be some community old timers who might remember the Jooky build that pretty much toured the country, North to South and East to West, being passed from hand to hand in service station car parks and other popular meeting places.

I'd have thought that the "usual suspects" in and around the SE could arrange something on a more restricted geographical scale.  An opportunity to try out a different guitar from a new builder for a week or two, opportunity to hang around a dodgy car park in the twilight hours to meet a friendly stranger (and hand the guitar on to the next test driver).  Maybe write up some thoughts / comments here.  Perhaps add a sound/video clip or two.  

I don't remember who was involved in the Jooky tour, but @McToot always seems to be involved in things ....
    I was involved certainly. It may even have been my idea when in a toubled cheese-inflicted dream. I know I kept a google map for a while charting its progress but it really did some miles that guitar. Even got gigged in Glasgow IIRC. 

Poole is a bit of a step for me to pick up but I'd be happy to be a leg in the tour. It's a lovely thing and I've got a hankering for an offset... I'm sure I could pass it onto my old mate and ex colleague @PonchoGreg who is in South London and that would open up a move elsewhere in the big smoke...

Aye, could certainly do that to help it along!
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4052
    McToot said:
    TTony said:
    Spot on @Funkydung ;

I gigged it in West Chinnock if I remember right. It even sat in a Lynx Helicopter at work with @firepaulmusic and I then passed it on to Jonny in Dorch. 
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 6860
    edited June 2021
    Very excited to see how @punchesjudy’s turns out - exactly how I’d have spec’d one, and had I not have just moved house I’d be sorely tempted to be irresponsible and order one myself. These look wonderful. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Very excited to see @punchesjudy’s turns out - exactly how I’d have spec’d one, and had I not have just moved house I’d be sorely tempted to be irresponsible and order one myself. These look wonderful. 
    Thanks Gav! Yeah I love what he’s gone for!

My inbox has blown up, thank you all!
    Very excited to see @punchesjudy’s turns out - exactly how I’d have spec’d one, and had I not have just moved house I’d be sorely tempted to be irresponsible and order one myself. These look wonderful. 
    Thanks Gav! Yeah I love what he’s gone for!

My inbox has blown up, thank you all!
    I'll certainly be keen to give his a blast.... it may not be the last you've heard of me =) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 926
    Yeah, can’t wait for this! I was supposed to be buying an amp... Oh well. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 926
    Oh and @GavRichList ... PayPal pay in 3 init... Not that I'm enabling again. 
    Anyways, we shall arrange a meet-up so I can play your Ric and you can do that delay stuff you do on the Trent. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Oh and @GavRichList ... PayPal pay in 3 init... Not that I'm enabling again. 
    Anyways, we shall arrange a meet-up so I can play your Ric and you can do that delay stuff you do on the Trent. 
    PLAN. 
    edited June 2021
    Had a wonderful time today with my Huw who actually is my much more accomplished guitar player friend who helped me design Model 1.

We had an absolute blast cranking up the Blues Junior in my workshop and we recorded a few sound samples. 

Can’t wait to get making the guitars you guys have ordered!

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • THR1LLHAU5THR1LLHAU5 Frets: 166
    Had a wonderful time today with my Huw who actually is my much more accomplished guitar player friend who helped me design Model 1.

We had an absolute blast cranking up the Blues Junior in my workshop and we recorded a few sound samples. 

Can’t wait to get making the guitars you guys have ordered!

https://youtu.be/EdRJBnpLzjU
    Nice, sounds great! 
    edited June 2021
    Thanks! Really glad have something recorded of how they sound

Sorry @THR1LLHAU5 ; I just had to reupload the video so I would be forever greatful if you could requote my post to fix the link!

Afternoon all!

Can't thank you enough for the response for the 'Founders Club' idea, I'm thrilled to say I have 3 to make, which honestly is just so great for me - I can't wait to have them ready! Just a final offer to anyone else who might be interested, I have capacity to make 2 additional models at the price (message me for the exact figure but its more than a third off)

I'll update the workshop thread as I build these ones, thanks so much!
    This one is finished and off to it's new owner! 

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143

First sale???

:o 
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 2922

That looks stunning.

Have you considered making a baritone?

R.
    TTony said:

First sale???

:o 
    This one is the second! The forum ones will be finished up over the next few weeks :)

That looks stunning.

Have you considered making a baritone?

R.
    Thank you Robin!

I certainly could do, I've had enquires of most scale length on these and it's not too much of an issue to create!
  • MattharrierMattharrier Frets: 402
    That looks great - it's got elements of offset, Tele, even a hint of St Vincent. I sadly am not in the market for another guitar, but hopefully one day...

Keep up the good work, I may come knocking next year come bonus time!
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1255
    Nice looking offsets there. Trent and Ruby are two UK makers I came across lately that I like the look of. I have a Fidelity which is awesome too!!
    I'm making 5 over the next fortnight, very excited to be making them in a batch like this!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    It’s like picking a puppy from the litter ;)
    Howdy all! Just a heads up to any of you still considering the 'Founder's Club' discount, 

I have 1 slot left at this heavily discounted rate for you wonderful souls willing to get in on the ground floor, I'm going to end the discount at the end of June (this coming Weds). So if you're on the fence or hovering over the buy button get in touch!
  • I would love to but spent all my money on a Gibson. If this was a couple of months earlier I would have been all over it. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Thought these would enjoyed here as well as in the workshop thread,

Got some colour down this morning!

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Saw these on Instagram, I love that yellow you have. Definitely my next buy, but it's a long save away yet! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter