Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Songs that make you want to learn other instruments. - Other Instruments Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Songs that make you want to learn other instruments.

What's Hot
Mandolin

Steve Earle - Copperhead Road

Ukulele

Beirut - The Penalty

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• bencowling81bencowling81 Frets: 416
    edited March 2021
    Piano - Bohemian Rhapsody 
    Keyboards - Jump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2843
    Piano - Bohemian Rhapsody 
    Keyboards - Jump
    Keyboards on Jump are epic. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    I've always wanted to learn to play typewriter after seeing the amazing Richard Galliano

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    axisus said:
    I've always wanted to learn to play typewriter after seeing the amazing Richard Galliano

Wow. You could play a gig and do your tax return at the same time. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    Piano - in the styles of Roy Bittan, Nicky Hopkins, Mac Rebennack, Allen Toussaint, Steve Nason.
    Be seeing you.
  • RustyleeRustylee Frets: 30
    Always fancied a Saxophone so I got one. Man that is hard, back to the Guitar sharpish!
    Rusty Lee
    Too Many Strats, A few Les Pauls, A couple of PRS and a Brian May Red Special, Oh, I nearly forgot an Ivison 58 Double Cut
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • NeillNeill Frets: 941
    To be honest most of the guitar based songs I listen to makes me wish I had learned another instrument...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8409
    Anything I hear on the radio by Royal Blood makes me want to play the drums 
  • I tried one of these but the cost of a new ceiling made me rethink my choice.

https://youtu.be/9DlwQJX3qag
    I'll get a round to buying a 'real' guitar one day.
  • stickersticker Frets: 868
    Good Times ,Bad Times intro always makes me want to play drums
    dindude said:
    Anything I hear on the radio by Royal Blood makes me want to play the drums 
    ...or The Walkmen

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Piano - Drops of Jupiter by Train
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • fobfob Frets: 1430
    Like @axisus I've always fancied the button accordian. My nan played one when I was a kid and I loved it's sound. I nearly bought one after seeing the clip below of Sharon Shannon at Glastonbury and then revitalised the desire for one when David Bruce did his '5 Composers' video with Ian Watson stealing the show. Thinking about it again now.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    fob said:
    Like @axisus I've always fancied the button accordian. 
    I borrowed a small piano accordion once. It was utterly impossible to play! I think the button one would be even harder.
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1287
    edited March 2021
    Was never into jazz all that much, but Grappelli's violin always sounds so beautiful that I'd really love to learn.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Led Zep, When the Levee Breaks - Harmonica

Also, anyone who says they can listen to In The Air Tonight without wanting to learn drums is just trying to be too cool for school.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1255
    Upright bass, piano, drums, any of those!

Upright bass, piano, drums, any of those!

Svensson was an amazing pianist, died a tragic death scuba diving, a great loss
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TanninTannin Frets: 4394
    Harmonica. I regularly hear old Dylan or Stones songs and think "I should take that up, it sounds great". 

Then I listen to the J Geils Band and say "forget it!"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    Penny Lane, Piccolo trumpet.

I tried to play one a few times and found it imposisble
    and I was Grade 7 on  a normal trumpet!
  • NeillNeill Frets: 941
    Possibly the only thing I have in common with HM the Queen is that we are both big George Formby fans.  One day when I have far too much spare time I intend to learn all his songs and the Ukulele solos which are a lot harder then you might think.  I have just about mastered the thumb drag thing but I reckon I need to spend a lot of money on a really good uke... that's what too many years of playing the guitar does to you ...   
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2109
    edited March 2021
    mrkb said:
    I came in here to add the same, Black Crowe's "Descending."  Intro and outro.  Lovely piece.

Also, the drums on "Everlong".  Probably not that complicated, but the speed and energy, as with a lot of Dave Grohl stuff.

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8733
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8733
    Rustylee said:
    Always fancied a Saxophone so I got one. Man that is hard, back to the Guitar sharpish!
    Got an old French Horn here and tried our Drummer's tenor Sax, seemed to be able to get a tune out of both straight away.  Then someone said play a tune on the French horn then and I forgot how to even get a noise out of it.  I think it's all in your head.  Both instruments are arguably easier to play well than the guitar. Muscle memory aside though, if you're frantically masturbating on the thing like a 13 year old and you have a tune in your head, it's gonna come out sooner or later.  Love Dougie MacLean's The Gael and got a violin, after some vague memory of having a go when I was young.  Managed to get it done, but no way I'd learn the instrument, it's shit.  I mean, I respect the instrument and people who can play it and I like the dissonance factor and the fretless thing, but the tone just doesn't motivate me enough to pull me through to practice enough. Also it's right in our ear and there's no volume control.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5750
    Any song with a really great Guitarist.
    And they said that in our time, all that's good will fall from grace, even Saints would turn their face, in our time.
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 822
    Waiting on a friend by the stones makes me want to play the sax every time.
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1255

Baritone Sax!
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    anything by Augustus Pablo partly because his use of the melodica is so haunting and partly because you feel surely it can't be all that difficult....can it...

I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • NyquistNyquist Frets: 2
    Green Onions - Hammond organ
    I've been trying for about 10 months! I've got to grips with a load of other songs but that one is hard (too many black notes, for one thing)