Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Is My Boss DS-1 Modified? - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Is My Boss DS-1 Modified?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5698

Although (I've just done this) with a Strat it does sound thin, and not punchy at all...........

Not bad, just thin and lacking body. Should work where a thin tone is needed.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I love the ds1 in all iterations I've used. But they all seem to need careful fiddling - once you've found the sweet spot, leave it.

But I find a lot of my opinions clash with others. I love the guvnor stock, and the jb is one of my favourite pickups...

But by far my favourite boss drive is the dyna drive. It just destroys every boutique pedal I've ever played for a general drive/distortion. It's either that or the Duncan power grid for me. Sadly, I own neither!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    I love the ds1 in all iterations I've used. But they all seem to need careful fiddling - once you've found the sweet spot, leave it.

But I find a lot of my opinions clash with others. I love the guvnor stock, and the jb is one of my favourite pickups...

But by far my favourite boss drive is the dyna drive. It just destroys every boutique pedal I've ever played for a general drive/distortion.
    This makes me think I need to try the Dyna Drive :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson