Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Hiding Behind CLosed Doors doesnt work? - Help & Feedback Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Hiding Behind CLosed Doors doesnt work?

What's Hot
As per title, I cant hide BCD? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1583
    Any mods ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Jetfire said:
    Any mods ?
    I used to be a mod, but my Vespa got stolen!:)
    “Ken sent me.”
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Cool story bro
  • I am sure that a mod will come along soon, bit like buses.
    Calling Mr @Bridgehouse are you free to help this lost soul?
    “Ken sent me.”
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24559
    What browser, what platform, what have you done to try to hide it? Etc.
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2394
    Ha! I took the thread title literally and assumed the OP has been trying to hide BCD but was discovered by whoever he has hiding from ;)
    Via phone (android and chrome)  and on my pc (windows and chrome). Clicked on the Cog and clicked hide.
    Jetfire said:
    Via phone (android and chrome)  and on my pc (windows and chrome). Clicked on the Cog and clicked hide.
    That should do it. Might be a browser quirk or a caching issue
    Well, it's not working I'm afraid
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1239
    Jetfire said:

Have you tried 'turning it off and then turning it on again' - i.e. click 'unhide' and then click 'hide'.

I've had to do this in the past when catagories in Off Topic have moved arround although I've not heard of any changes to Behind Closed Doors that might have caused it. Always worth a try though.
    Yup
    Jetfire said:
    Yup
    Try resetting a browser and then trying from there - it should force you to log back in again as well
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    I disagree. I hid behind a closed door and no-one found me.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Logged out and in, still there.

Define resetting a browser? Not sure what your suggesting?
    Jetfire said:
    Logged out and in, still there.

Define resetting a browser? Not sure what your suggesting?
    Clear history, cache, that sort of stuff
    And now its working, random!
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    Jetfire said:
    No, it's not. I deleted BCD because people can't behave like adults.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    You sir @digitalscream ;, are a fucking legend.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2318
    Jetfire said:
    Some might call that taking a sledgehammer to a walnut.... but you're the boss!
    FarleyUK said:
    Jetfire said:
    I think it's fair, they've been warned enough times
  • Was it the anal sex thread that tipped you over the edge? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2318
    Jetfire said:
    FarleyUK said:
    Jetfire said:
    I think it's fair, they've been warned enough times
    Yeah, absolutely fair enough, and it's their site so they can do what they like. Just saying it could be viewed as a massive knee-jerk reaction, but I completely get why it's been done.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Was it the anal sex thread that tipped you over the edge? 
    No, it was a small number of idiots that wanted to try to push the mods to see how far they would go.

Answer - further than you think. 
  • martmart Frets: 5165
    No, it was a small number of idiots that wanted to try to push the mods to see how far they would go.

TexMex asks how to get a bit more anal sex and your response is to promise that you’ll go further than he thinks....  This could get interesting. :)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13679
    edited August 2020
    Ban 'em, lifetime.  :o

mart said:

TexMex asks how to get a bit more anal sex and your response is to promise that you’ll go further than he thinks....  This could get interesting. :)
    Actually, it wasn’t that thread.
    You can lock/delete/make it stop now, it's a mute point lol 
  • Deleting it is a good move.
    You modmins run this site for nothing and I can see BCD must take up masses of your time.

General rule of thumb for this site should be, when posting a new thread, stop and think, not is this appropriate to you, but is it likely to encourage lots of flags or comments that will require one of the admin team to have a discussion about the suitability of the thread and appropriateness for a guitar forum. 
    It’s the admins unpaid voluntary contribution that keeps this place running for free for all to use. We should respect that

Jetfire said:
    You can lock/delete/make it stop now, it's a mute point lol 
    It may not be - can you hide other areas or was it just BCD?
    Nope, tried hiding music and it's still there