Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Recommended Luthiers & Techs - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Recommended Luthiers & Techs

What's Hot
1111213141517»

Comments

• guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1397
    Siejen said:
    @TTBZ yes, John at Noiseworks Coventry is still excellent. Check opening times though before travel! 
    Coventry is a good way away from Merseyside and the Wirral. I've heard somebody mention KGB in Birkenhead on here though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MellishMellish Frets: 945
    @guitarjack66 ; yep Keith, Barry and Alan at KGB Music are pretty good.

:) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WeHaveSound, Worthing. Needed a small amount of work done on a Strat. Super-friendly and helpful
  • Can anyone recommend a good tech in Lancashire?
    I need someone to recut or replace the nut on my ES335 and want a pro job doing.
    I know “ManchesterGuitarTech” is very highly regarded on here but just wondering if there was anyone of a similar level a bit closer to home (I am in Preston).
  • MellishMellish Frets: 945
    edited June 2023
    @Hotshot1999 ; The Guitar Repair Workshop. Although it's inside PMT Manchester, it isn't owned by them. It's run by Steve Curtis. He's done many setups/nut replacements for me in the past. Authorised Gibson/Taylor Service Center

• @Mellish Many thanks for the suggestion. I will check The Guitar Workshop out.
  • robbs1977robbs1977 Frets: 122
    Can anyone recommend a good tech in Lancashire?
    I need someone to recut or replace the nut on my ES335 and want a pro job doing.
    I know “ManchesterGuitarTech” is very highly regarded on here but just wondering if there was anyone of a similar level a bit closer to home (I am in Preston).
    Try Phil Hartley in Bolton, probably the best around.

• @robbs1977 Hi Rob, thanks for the suggestion.
  • Anyone know of a top notch amp tech in the Liverpool/Wirral area?
    Dan whitelock Jones mate - find him on instagram- he’s a top tier genius. 
  • AndyGT75AndyGT75 Frets: 84
    marxski said:
    Just picked up my 59 reissue Strat and Eastman OM acoustic from Bristol Guitar Tech today. Fret dress and setup and are spot on. Very happy and reasonable cost.

marxski said:
    Just picked up my 59 reissue Strat and Eastman OM acoustic from Bristol Guitar Tech today. Fret dress and setup and are spot on. Very happy 

phil at Bristol Guitar Tech is awesome and is incredibly well priced! I take all my guitars to him and I can’t rate him highly enough. 
  • Decent acoustic luthiers are not so abundant, but Mr Kinkade in Bristol is a great chap to deal with.
  • Any recommendations for someone in Plymouth, Devon
  • pumkinpumkin Frets: 132
    HenryHill said:
    Any recommendations for someone in Plymouth, Devon
    I don’t know from personal experience but I’ve heard good things about the guys at Sounds Unlimited in cattedown …. Otherwise you could try Project music in Exeter