Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Acoustic Build 2013/2014 ( Mark Bailey Course) - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Acoustic Build 2013/2014 ( Mark Bailey Course)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5260
    Superb so far!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Brilliant Dave.  Thanks for taking and sharing all the pics with us.  The intricacy and accuracy of making acoustics just scares me!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Excuses,Tony, excuses. You know you want to have a go!

Have to say it felt really good to be back there working on wood again.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Excuses,Tony, excuses. You know you want to have a go!

I would love to have a go. 

But the workshop is about an 8 hour drive away for me, so it's not viable for me to visit for a few weekends during a year.  When I went last year, I never really recovered from the initial drive up there and I think it'd now take me a day to recover from the drive before heading into the workshop to do that sort of fine, detailed work.

Which makes it completely unviable from a time perspective, regrettably.

But I shall enjoy watching yours take shape over the next few months.  :)

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • I'm sure it might well be possible for you to do a week at a time. I could have done the whole of last week up and to including  Saturday, but my daughter had been abroad for 2 weeks (first time that she'd been away on her own) and I wanted to spend a few days with her.
     I too had to rush around on the first day this time and didn't get to Mark's until 4pm, and I couldn't really get into it that day. Fortunately it was just planning and drawing. I certainly felt totally different the following day, and happily got stuck into actually starting to make the guitar.

When I go back in November, I'm doing 5 days. I'm planning to travel to Scotland the afternoon of the day before so I'm fresh and ready to get going the next day.