Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Acoustic Build 2013/2014 ( Mark Bailey Course) - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Acoustic Build 2013/2014 ( Mark Bailey Course)

What's Hot
ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1230
edited August 2013 in Making & Modding
Spent the recent Bank Holiday Weekend making a start on my third guitar build with Mark Bailey. Arrived late in the afternoon on Saturday, and initially did a bit of planning. Somethings I had already planned, but nothing was totally fixed. I thought I'd make an OM with a Cutaway. The OM fairly rapidly changed slightly to Mark's Bootlegger design which is a little wider than an OM, but there's a big plus in that he obviously has templates, and a shell to build the body in available. I knew that I wanted a 1.75 inch (45mm) Nut. But then he asked what string spacing did I want at the Bridge? Hadn't really thought about it, but after a bit of thought, and checking my Archtop which has 54mm, I've decided on 56mm spacing.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-_BG5sx2DJ-A/UiDhbNNoR0I/AAAAAAAAA2s/YBT_W8r5VoI/s800/DSC_0003.JPG

The Cutaway was simply drawn by me. I've based it on the shallow but curvy style of the Bourgeois OMC.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments