Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). East Anglian get together? - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

East Anglian get together?

What's Hot
monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
in Events tFB Trader
Nothing elaborate like a planned jam, but does anyone fancy getting in a room with some amps and doing a bit of show and tell and being noisey bastards?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4680
    On first read I though it was going to be a thread about double-glazing....
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    edited April 2019
    prowla said:
    On first read I though it was going to be a thread about double-glazing....
    Which is funny, because if anyone in East Anglia needs windows, I know a guy... :P 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    I'd be up for it, schedule permitting (busier with gigs at the moment compared to a couple of years ago). 1st weekend in September seemed to work well in previous years . . .
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about
    Anglian Double Glazing presumably. 

Anyway, consider this a free bump. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • Mark1960Mark1960 Frets: 326
    I thought it was an ex-army get together (Anglian Regiment)  ;)
  • I'd be up for this
    Trading feedback | FS: Nothing right now |  WTB: EQD Talons | Jazzmaster build thread
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3532
    Oh this could be the cycle of life n' that.

I remember the first one in our early days.

It was enjoyable and so I'd be up for something subject to dates and availability.

tFB Trader
    ESBlonde said:
    Oh this could be the cycle of life n' that.

I remember the first one in our early days.

It was enjoyable and so I'd be up for something subject to dates and availability.

Yeah that was a fun day.

Glad to know a few people are up for it .I'll start pondering logistics
  • OnparOnpar Frets: 383
    I'm up for this!
  • David5150David5150 Frets: 118
    Cracking idea - and seeing as my band has collapsed any chance to make some noise and talk gear would be awesome
  • guitartangoguitartango Frets: 954
    Can the Cambridge Cartel join in ? 
    “Ken sent me.”
    tFB Trader
    Absolutely

Have you got the list for @ mentions?
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    edited April 2019
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    tFB Trader
    Blue shed looks cool. We'd probably get by with a village hall if anyone knows one.
  • Bummer! I am in the south-west! Grr! :D 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24559
    It’s dwindled in numbers recently!!! 
  • Bummer! I am in the south-west! Grr! D 
  • I wouldn't recommend Resonant / Half-ton. Small rooms, poor acoustic isolation and dire PA.  In Cambridge, Rhinocorn is the best bet - but the largest room is only big enough for a ~6 piece band.

I agree, a village hall would be the best bet (but I don't know of any); otherwise Blue Shed looks fine.
    Trading feedback | FS: Nothing right now |  WTB: EQD Talons | Jazzmaster build thread
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    I'll keep an eye on this one...my life is highly fluid at the moment, but it might be cool to show up with my lightweight Helix + cab rig to prove that it doesn't sound like computer emulation...
    <space for hire>
    that's because i have joined in :)
    “Ken sent me.”
  • adampeteradampeter Frets: 765
    i would be up for this
    edited April 2019
    I can check out the studio in Milton as it's about 5 minutes away from work ,,, oh just seen the above post -- too small
    “Ken sent me.”
    tFB Trader
    Ok so plan so far will be a village hall on a Saturday morning somewhere near Suffolk / Cambridge.

I'm still not planning to arse about with drummers and pa etc.

All sound good and anyone know a village hall?

• TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    edited April 2019
    anyone know a village hall?

This one is almost at the bottom end of your back garden.
    http://www.suffolkvillagehalls.co.uk/hall.php?h=Horringer+Community+Centre

Large.
    Stage.
    Plenty parking.
    "Facilities".
    Easy access from the A14.
    And they're happy to hire it out for "musical" sessions ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    tFB Trader
    Good idea.

Really close to me and £96 for a day.
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2777
    tFB Trader

Late to the thread but I'm up for this.

• revsorgrevsorg Frets: 847
    Horringer Community Centre is a 3 minute drive to Ickworth House - a nice National Trust property that's also a hotel - I spent a very pleasant romantic weekend there a few years ago.
    tFB Trader
    Indeed and a couple of good pubs :)

It's actually more like a 10 second drive.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4610
    Some of us are up north doing vital work.

I miss you guys.