Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). The London International Guitar Show - Kempton Race Course - 28th Oct - Events Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

The London International Guitar Show - Kempton Race Course - 28th Oct

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    edited October 2018 tFB Trader
    terada said:
    To be honest I'm glad that it'll be mostly quieter. Don't get me wrong I love a loud valve amp at full tilt, but just don't like 20 valve amps all at full tilt with 20 different discordant tunes playing.

I'm going to try and check this one out
    I'm glad that some restraint has been brought in regarding noise levels - It is hard to have a decent conversation with anyone about anything with a perpetual level of gain rammed down your throat - Granted far harder for amp/pedal builders to demonstrate in such noise free conditions, but trying an electric guitar need not be that loud for so long
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    terada said:
    To be honest I'm glad that it'll be mostly quieter. Don't get me wrong I love a loud valve amp at full tilt, but just don't like 20 valve amps all at full tilt with 20 different discordant tunes playing.

I'm going to try and check this one out
    I'm glad that some restraint has been brought in regarding noise levels - It is hard to have a decent conversation with anyone about anything with a perpetual level of gain rammed down your throat - Granted far harder for amp/pedal builders to demonstrate in such noise free conditions, but trying an electric guitar need not be that loud for so long
    Absolutely. At the Olympia show I was mostly looking forward to trying an Atkin guitar or two. I held one, sat down to play it, but couldn't hear anything. Could barely hear the rep.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 2989
    tFB Trader
    Looking forward to this one. I'll be there with my usual lineup of PR18, Tweed Vee, Hawker, and Plexi 18.

I'm also going to be offering free valve testing during the quiet periods, just bring along your spares and we'll put them on my tester and see how they perform.

See you then!

*I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    all boxed and ready to go - See a few familiar faces I hope and some new ones so come and say hi
  • AlegreeAlegree Frets: 662
    tFB Trader
    Here's my stuff coming to the show.

Chameleon humbuckers & Frigid Haze loaded partscaster
    Texan Hailstorm loaded Strat (with a dummy coil experiment I've been messing around with lately)
    Murky Horizon staple P90 loaded LP

And just a few pickups.
    And probably whatever bits and bobs I can rustle together to round out the table.

Going to be fun to finally be on the other side of the tables.
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7202
    See you all there!
  • ATB_GuitarsATB_Guitars Frets: 214
    edited October 2018
    We’ll be there with a selection of 55 vintage guitars (some of which are pictured below) plus 2 PRS.

No matter what your thoughts on vintage guitars or us are, we would more than welcome any forum members who can pop in, say hello and have a look, touch, feel, smell or play some of the rare items we will be bringing to the show. Even if it's just to chat about guitars, you would be most welcome.

See you on Sunday!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 4926
    @ATB_Guitars - I see you've hidden the chocolates again, Mike.  =)

Call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DB1 said:
    @ATB_Guitars - I see you've hidden the chocolates again, Mike.  =)

Yes not many left now Dave!
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 4926
    I can see me having to bring my own next time. This is not good.   :o
    Call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6806
    tFB Trader
    I shall be there with Ivison Guitars. Very much looking forward to it! 

http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 10901
    tFB Trader
    Which station is it for the show , and how far is the walk  from the station. Is it actually Kempton Park?
    If so Google says 18 minute walk which seems quite a way (unless they are being a bit conservative)

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• fandangofandango Frets: 2202
    Which station is it for the show , and how far is the walk  from the station. Is it actually Kempton Park?
    If so Google says 18 minute walk which seems quite a way (unless they are being a bit conservative)
    You trip off the station into kempton racecourse car park. Then, if you can manage it, it’s a near straight 400 yard walk to the entrance.  =)
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2202
    fandango said:
    You trip off the station into kempton racecourse car park. Then, if you can manage it, it’s a near straight 400 yard walk to the entrance.  =)
    Should have said Kempton Park Station.

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3178
    edited October 2018
    I've just found out that my mate, Pete, will have a stand there - Clear Sound Music UK. 
    Looks like he'll be demoing Red Sound speakers, which appear to be lightweight FFFRs for modellers. He, himself is a Kemper user.

Pop by and say ''Hi' and say Cos told you about these. It's a shame I can't make it but I hope it's a good one for everyone.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 10901
    tFB Trader
    fandango said:
    I was more concerned for the state of me Barnet - it's windy out there today - lol

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• Really looking forward to this. Especially looking forward to seeing @ATB_Guitars amazing collection, @IvisonGuitars (after following several of the build threads) and @guitars4you.