Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). The London International Guitar Show - Kempton Race Course - 28th Oct - Events Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

The London International Guitar Show - Kempton Race Course - 28th Oct

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
edited September 2018 in Events tFB Trader
http://www.guitarshows.co.uk/ARPages/London.html for more info

Sunday 28th October at Kempton Race Course - Free parking - Demos + clinics throughout the day

Will probably be one of the largest selection of new/used guitars under one roof in the UK, long with pedals, amps, spares, parts etc etc

Guitars4You will be exhibiting so come along and say hi - If you wish me to bring along any guitar listed on my web site, for evaluation/potential purchase, then let me know a few days before hand (via e-mail, PM, or phone) and I can bring it along with me

Not sure yet which other FB members are exhibiting, but will add names etc as we go along
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• AlegreeAlegree Frets: 662
    tFB Trader
    I am
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4001
    I always mean to, as I live ten mins away, but then end up not going. 

If I do, see you there. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    So FB Exhibitors so far

@Guitars4You
    @Alegree

will update later as more are added

• newi123newi123 Frets: 814
    @guitars4you ;

Your link goes to the 2017 page
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2459
    tFB Trader
    We will be there with some Modulus kits and Gryphin amps, not sure if it will be just me or if Steve or Chris will be joining me, but should be on the second floor.
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 423
    tFB Trader
    I'm there again this year too....always been a good show
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
    tFB Trader
    newi123 said:
    @guitars4you ;

Your link goes to the 2017 page
    adjusted - thanks
    edited September 2018 tFB Trader
    So FB Exhibitors so far

@Guitars4You
    @Alegree
    @modulus_amps
    @sixstringsupplies
    @thorpyfx
    @riftamps

• Nice show, will def try and make it again. 
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9089
    @customkits is attending I believe!...
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1239
    tFB Trader
    As am I. I run Fredric Effects.
    edited October 2018 tFB Trader
    So FB Exhibitors so far

@Guitars4You
    @Alegree
    @modulus_amps
    @sixstringsupplies
    @thorpyfx
    @riftamps
    @customkits - Daniels Guitars
    @timhulio - Fredric Effects

• pumkinpumkin Frets: 132
    If your going to the show look out for my buddy Chris who is playing bass and singing with the Phil Harris Band.Chirs plays bass with our band down here in sunny Devon and is a great singer and player. I believe Phil will be playing a selection of tasty vintage guitars ,no doubt through his trusty Lazy J.
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3097
    tFB Trader
    poopot said:
    I really should get my user name changed to Daniels guitars as that's what i make my guitars under
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6038
    tFB Trader
    poopot said:
    I really should get my user name changed to Daniels guitars as that's what i make my guitars under
    Message @digitalscream ;
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2459
    tFB Trader
    poopot said:
    and add any relevant links in your signature so people an easily see what you do
    tFB Trader
    poopot said:
    and add any relevant links in your signature so people an easily see what you do
    Thanks Mike but no idea what that is but I'm sure poopot can tell me
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • @customkits This thread tells you how to do that. Second post is the simple "how to" with a more detailed set of instructions further down

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/139966/adding-a-quote-along-the-bottom-of-my-posts#latest

tFB Trader
    Seymour1 said:

@customkits This thread tells you how to do that. Second post is the simple "how to" with a more detailed set of instructions further down

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/139966/adding-a-quote-along-the-bottom-of-my-posts#latest

Thanks Stuarts just shown me
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    tFB Trader
    Details to follow but looks like we may well have quite zones at the show with breaks in any demos etc on a frequent basis throughout the day - Organizers are looking at it - So hopefully far more bearable etc
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6806
    tFB Trader
    I've just booked a stand with Ivison Guitars :) 
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader
    miserneil said:
    will be good to see you again - In action - Bacon butties are crap at this show Neil - Can't remember about the coffee, so maybe take that into account
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 4636
    miserneil said:
    will be good to see you again - In action - Bacon butties are crap at this show Neil - Can't remember about the coffee, so maybe take that into account
    Maybe I’ll bring you both a decent coffee from outside, how do you like it?  :)
    tFB Trader
    Less of the favouritism please, we all need coffee 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    tFB Trader
    miserneil said:
    Maybe I’ll bring you both a decent coffee from outside, how do you like it?  :)
    at 9am in the morning after an early start I judge all guitar shows by the coffee and bacon buttie - Bristol and Kempton are probably the worst
  • There only 1 bacon butty shop at the show?
    tFB Trader
    New noise policy in place for London Guitar Show, so quote from the organisers

'We have decided to try a different approach at this year's London event at Kempton Park where the first ten minutes in each half hour will be "noise time" (within reason) and the next twenty minutes will be quiet. 

During quiet time, electric guitars and pedals can still be demonstrated through an amplifier but at acoustic guitar volume only. We would suggest providing a headphone facility for demos if you want customers to experience overdrive or volume during quiet times

During "noise time" we would still ask for restraint and for exhibitors to demo at necessary and reasonable volume only. '

• timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1239
    tFB Trader
    To be honest that's a little tedious and hard to keep track-of. The way it works at the Birmingham show is better, with fewer, significantly longer breaks in the noise, signalled by a klaxon so everyone knows when quiet time starts and ends.
    I've been doing quite a few shows for the past couple of years, and the only significant noise problem was at the Wigan (North West?) guitar show earlier this year when a guy selling amps demo'd the things with a backing track for almost the duration of the show (to lure-in buyers?) Potential customers trying stuff out tend to be at least a little self-conscious and don't go on for ages.
    edited October 2018 tFB Trader
    That'll be Phil Harris bored after every 10 minute slot then
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    To be honest I'm glad that it'll be mostly quieter. Don't get me wrong I love a loud valve amp at full tilt, but just don't like 20 valve amps all at full tilt with 20 different discordant tunes playing.

I'm going to try and check this one out