Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Quad Jam (Nov 2018AD) FINAL Set list thread... - Events Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Quad Jam (Nov 2018AD) FINAL Set list thread...

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    By the way is any of this recorded? Like at Huddersfield?

Not by a professional studio engineer - there will be a Zoom Recorder at the front of the room recording - but the mixing will be fixed by the relative amp volumes and room acoustics on the day.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Latest setlist here:-

Added -

Knocking on Heavens Door - GnR

Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol

Nirvana - In Bloom

Still 2 songs open for new signees to suggest

@handsomechris - what were your song suggestions? I cant find the post - thanks.

Dropped:-

Comfortably Numb - Floyd

Juniors Wailing - Status Quo

Crazy Mama - JJ Cale

While My Guitar Gently Weeps - Beatles

Running in the family - Level 42

Let me know what you want to play on (as always will do songs twice if needed if lots of people want to play on it)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17wVgYt1RDjEr2LDEAWGY1-w4OSoMKrDqypiq8ULObBc/edit#gid=1753183770

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • @SteveF I'm up for that second solo!! Count me in.

For the guys helping me with holiday road, I'm off away on holiday for two weeks next Thursday... I'll ping you...
  • I'd like to play on In Bloom and I'll sing it if our suggester didn't want to sing on it.
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    edited September 2018

Will add @SteveF and @thomasross20 to Knockin - I also fancy a go at the first solo if theres opportunity/a second run through.

@Handsome_Chris - what were your song suggestions? I cant find the post - thanks

Anyone else interested on playing on any of these songs??? In Bloom needs people on it - @Skinnyhead45 - what do you want to play on that song?

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mrkb said:

Anyone else interested on playing on any of these songs???

I can do bass on KOHD, and In Bloom as well if needed.
  • @mrkb , my suggestions are:

Faster - Manic Street Preachers
    Holy Diver - Dio
    Or
    Detroit Rock City - Kiss
  • anyone fancy vox on Word Up (everything else seems to be in place)?
  • Brocco said:
    anyone fancy vox on Word Up (everything else seems to be in place)?
    <Generic Ed Answer>If nobody else wants it I'll do it </generic ed answer>

;)
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 4987
    Oops.  Just realised I've been totally learning the wrong songs.  Guess what I'm doing this weekend!
  • Waterloo Sunsetters.... Can we do this in D?  On the recording it's capo 2nd fret making it E, but D will be easier to sing?
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    Waterloo Sunsetters.... Can we do this in D?  On the recording it's capo 2nd fret making it E, but D will be easier to sing?
    That's how I play it. 
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 4987
    Actually, regarding wrong songs, any chance I could sneak on to Mardy Bum, @mrkb ? I've more or less learnt and transcribed the whole thing anyway, so if it doesn't rain on anyone's parade I may as well.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2016
    S Brothers are willing to bring Carbon fibre guitars to the Jam day....

Since the Crewe guitars show I have been in discussion with them about their guitars, they are happy to come to the Quad jam and let us try out their guitars for a couple of hours and Q&A etc,...I dont want to waste their time, so if you peeps think its worth them coming and would like to check out their stuff, let me know and Ill let them know.

Ta. 

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • Waterloo Sunsetters.... Can we do this in D?  On the recording it's capo 2nd fret making it E, but D will be easier to sing?
    Yes, that's fine with me.  The lead bits can all be shifted down easily enough
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    @mrkb please drop me off where the vocals duplicate on the latest list, Mardy Bum and Waterloo Sunset is enough vocals for me :)

Will do an update tonight.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    edited October 2018
    @mrkb please drop me off where the vocals duplicate on the latest list, Mardy Bum and Waterloo Sunset is enough vocals for me

Ed,

The only ones where you are doubled up for vocals are the ones were likely to do two runs for (Hey Joe and Rocking in the Free World). Unless THE COMMITEE decided otherwise at the weekend??

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    @mrkb , my suggestions are:

Faster - Manic Street Preachers
    Holy Diver - Dio
    Or
    Detroit Rock City - Kiss
    Thanks Chris,
    Does any one else fancy playing on one of these?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    edited October 2018

Latest Update - please let me know if Ive got any wrong.

Please let me know if you fancy playing on ANY track - theres always space for people to join in.

https://i.imgur.com/xviV3d4.jpg

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Looks like we've got no bass for rocking in the free world. 

Whilst I'm happy to do it, and I'm sure @Bridgehouse would too, I'm playing a lot of bass and it's a good one for someone to have a go at. 

Anyone fancy it? 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24559
    Yeah - someone other than me or legion ;)
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 505
    Is it as easy as the guitar parts? And can I use a plectrum?! :lol:
  • adampeteradampeter Frets: 765
    Looks like we've got no bass for rocking in the free world. 

Whilst I'm happy to do it, and I'm sure @Bridgehouse would too, I'm playing a lot of bass and it's a good one for someone to have a go at. 

Anyone fancy it? 
    Stick me down for this please, 
    Ah thank goodness :lol: 
  • adampeteradampeter Frets: 765
    SteveF said:
    I haven't stepped on your toes have i?
    adampeter said:
    SteveF said:
    I haven't stepped on your toes have i?
    God no! I was willing to have a go if no one else wanted to, but I’m playing guitar on plenty and bass is not my strong suit! 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    mrkb said:
    @mrkb please drop me off where the vocals duplicate on the latest list, Mardy Bum and Waterloo Sunset is enough vocals for me

Ed,

The only ones where you are doubled up for vocals are the ones were likely to do two runs for (Hey Joe and Rocking in the Free World). Unless THE COMMITEE decided otherwise at the weekend??

Haha - it was barely discussed!  I'll play it by ear then, I mean decide on the day BTW, I can't play by ear.

Re @Handsome_Chris suggestions I'd happily sing on Faster, and I believe @Bridgehouse was hankering to play a Manics bass line?

************* 40 days and 40 nights to go before the Quad jam ****************

Have updated the setlist - hope this is correct - please check your songs!

Theres always space on guitar parts, we can do 2 or more runs though if needed - just let me know what you want to play on.

Added 2 songs -

Manic Street Preachers - Faster ( @Handsome_Chris request )

Jeff Healey - While My Guitar Gently Weeps ( @Hywelg request ) @idiotwind @spark240 - are you Ok to pick this one back up?

Removed 1 attendee - @Munckee from the songs and replaced him with @snags

2 Bass slots available - Get Back and Faster 

Updated Spotify Playlist

https://open.spotify.com/user/mrkb/playlist/0SnOB9Pg6tl0xXZUbfO1JA?si=WlMmrocvRHydAQZIJSi8-w

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17wVgYt1RDjEr2LDEAWGY1-w4OSoMKrDqypiq8ULObBc/edit#gid=1753183770

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1