Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). The Official Sasquatch (Huddersfield) Jam Songlist Thread - Note New Rules!! - Events Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

The Official Sasquatch (Huddersfield) Jam Songlist Thread - Note New Rules!!

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3631
    @Alnico When gigging, "Play That Funky Music" works really well seguing into "Superstition" and back.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4610
    @Alnico When gigging, "Play That Funky Music" works really well seguing into "Superstition" and back.
    Yeah I suppose it does. That never occurred to me.

I'll look into that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    edited August 2018
    Level: intermediate 

would like to play:
    Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar (rhythm and a bit of lead, might sing as well)
    Hendrix - purple haze (lead)
    Burning tree - burning tree (lead)

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3631
    @mrkb To make Brown Sugar sound right you need a second guitar in open G. Have a go yourself, it's nice to learn another set of chord shapes, but give me a shout if you want someone else to play it while you sing.
  • stickersticker Frets: 868
    mrkb said:
    Level: intermediate 

would like to play:
    Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar (rhythm and a bit of lead, might sing as well)
    Hendrix - purple haze (lead)
    Burning tree - burning tree (lead)

Happy to run through Brown Sugar at the Hertford jam if you like  , I can do the harmony vox on that too ! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    Final submissions day bump...
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • I REALLY hope Paradise City is in - we've done an online play-through and it sounds epic (I think, anyway) :lol:
    I REALLY hope Paradise City is in - we've done an online play-through and it sounds epic (I think, anyway) :lol:
    It has at least 3 +1s so should make it :)
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 4987
    BOO!

Appreciate that a number of people here are probably concentrating on jams happening between now and Feb, but have we got anything approaching a song list yet?

Main reason for asking is I'm pulling together a little local something sooner, and was planning on using a sub-set of the list. If it exists :)
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    I've seen your idea of local.. and let me tell thee - It's not that local! ;)
    I’m having a post Quad low - need to learn some new songs! When’s the setlist coming out ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    @mrkb To make Brown Sugar sound right you need a second guitar in open G. Have a go yourself, it's nice to learn another set of chord shapes, but give me a shout if you want someone else to play it while you sing.
    Cheers Howard, the version we did yesterday with 3 guitars (std tuning) and keys sounded ace. I want to learn the little licks and fills rather than the main chords now.

also did a great version of “while my guitar...” inspired by your Hudds version!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • I'm totally wearing my Slash outfit if paradise city is chosen :lol: 

I look forward to it. I haven't played with anybody (oo-er) for about two years since Sheena got ill so it was nice to have that chance again. So much so, I signed up to singing lessons this morning in addition to my online course! (Wondering if guitar lessons would also be beneficial but don't want to sign up to too much!). 

Btw great improvised solo on KOHD, @mrkb !
  • mrkb said:
    Cheers Howard, the version we did yesterday with 3 guitars (std tuning) and keys sounded ace. I want to learn the little licks and fills rather than the main chords now.

also did a great version of “while my guitar...” inspired by your Hudds version!
    Nice one, fella. Looking forward to hearing some recordings. 
    @luttis it's local for me, and that's all that matters!

@mrkb I'm happy to do the open G chordal stuff if you want to do the frills and twiddles for Brown Sugar ...
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4255
    mrkb said:

I retuned to G for BS.  Essential IMO. 
    mrkb said:
    I’m having a post Quad low - need to learn some new songs! When’s the setlist coming out ;)

BUMP!!!!!!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    So we're just doing a massively extended version of John Cage's 4:33 right?
  • Paging @darthed1981 ;

The natives are restless 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24559
    Paging @darthed1981 ;

The natives are restless 
    I can’t even begin to imagine @mrkb in a grass skirt...
  • Paging @darthed1981 ;

The natives are restless 
    Try really hard...

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24559
    Paging @darthed1981 ;

The natives are restless 
    Try really hard...
    I’ll pass...
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    am I stuck with my choices fromn August? or do we start all over in our brave new 2019 world? my world's a different shape now!
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    pmbomb said:
    am I stuck with my choices fromn August? or do we start all over in our brave new 2019 world? my world's a different shape now!
    Brexit?
    pmbomb said:
    Eat fewer pies, then.
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    LuttiS said:
    pmbomb said:
    Brexit?
    nah I'd never bring the B word into the on-topic area of the forum.

None of the tags on my name seem to have stuck, not been on here much!

Setlist forthcoming later today...