Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). [very unofficial] Quad warm-up and studio recce session (Herts) - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

[very unofficial] Quad warm-up and studio recce session (Herts)

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    I’ll head straight to the studio for about 1.30 - will grab service station gourmet food on the way down.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24559
    I’m sure I can stock up - but I’m a latte guy really ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    it's right now!

rock on jammers.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Thanks All for a good afternoon jamming.

Special thanks to @snags for organising (and bassing and singing) and @bridgehouse for multi-instrumentalism (Bass, Drum’s and harmonicas!!) and @munckee for bass duties.

It was a good mix of proper songs and jamming. I’m off to learn some more drum fills and endings!!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    mrkb said:
    Thanks All for a good afternoon jamming.

Special thanks to @snags for organising (and bassing and singing) and @bridgehouse for multi-instrumentalism (Bass, Drum’s and harmonicas!!) and @munckee for bass duties.

It was a good mix of proper songs and jamming. I’m off to learn some more drum fills and endings!!
    Was nice got the harmonicas out - need to do some practise and pick some songs that need harmonica and I reckon it will be a load of fun!
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 4987
    Thanks chaps for rocking up. Good to meet a few new faces, and very indebted to @Bridgehouse and @mrkb ; for filling the drum stool with grace and style. Definitely more harmonica! 
    Snags said:
    Thanks chaps for rocking up. Good to meet a few new faces, and very indebted to @Bridgehouse and @mrkb ; for filling the drum stool with grace and style. Definitely more harmonica! 
    If I promise to play more harmonica does it mean I can do less drumming?  (please?!) Having your first live drum effort after 6 years as Wanted Dead or Alive was somewhat of a rebaptism of fire ;)

Tho Hey Joe was fun to drum..
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 11457

Had a great time yesterday at Herts spent 4 hours pretty much playing solid.  Thanks to @snags for organising, sorry to his wife who had to walk home in the rain!  A few pictures taken on my rubbish phone so please be assured that everyone is much better looking, younger and slimmer in person!

https://i.imgur.com/fGQtnyX.jpg

https://imgur.com/d2gSdOB

https://i.imgur.com/b4T9H8V.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/P1UbxNz.jpg

Snags is the bearded chap playing bass, @bridgehouse is drumming, @guitartango is sporting the gold top, @tadodger is holding my custom shop strat and @mrkb has the swanky red shoes on.

• Pete @Snags thanks for organizing the Jam, I really enjoyed playing with your guys. I was in two minds about going as I have not played in a group for a while. 

Things I have learnt from the "Herts" Jam

1. Bring two guitars , as the Gibson is bloody heavy :)
    2. You only need to bring a few pedals (my amp just needed a boost)
    3. Try to learn a few songs and keep your timing (the Blues Jam was great)
    4. Hey Joe  has four bars of E (thanks Mark @mrkb ;)
    5. Have fun.... i did 
    6. It's easy to get lost (even with three chords)
    'I would like to say thank you on behalf of the group and ourselves and I hope we've passed the audition.'

“Ken sent me.”
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    Pete @Snags thanks for organizing the Jam, I really enjoyed playing with your guys. I was in two minds about going as I have not played in a group for a while. 

1. Bring two guitars , as the Gibson is bloody heavy :)
    4. Hey Joe  has four bars of E (thanks Mark @mrkb ;)
    5. Have fun.... i did 
    'I would like to say thank you on behalf of the group and ourselves and I hope we've passed the audition.'

You and snags must have backs like hod carriers!
  • @munckee I live in a three story house.... even worse.

Just a thought a good song to cover will be "The End" by the Beatles , each guitar/bass player could take two bars each over A7 and D7

“Ken sent me.”
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 4987
    @munckee I actually have a bad/weak back from childhood "issues", but muddle on :)
    You haven’t had a heavy amp till you’ve tried to move an Ampeg 8x10 cab and SVT head ;)
  • You haven’t had a heavy amp till you’ve tried to move an Ampeg 8x10 cab and SVT head ;)
    That is one Bass amp ! Did they use it for Back to the Future :)

“Ken sent me.”
    You haven’t had a heavy amp till you’ve tried to move an Ampeg 8x10 cab and SVT head ;)
    That is one Bass amp ! Did they use it for Back to the Future :)

I’ve used one in a rehearsal room and it nearly sent me back to the start of the universe
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    edited October 2018
    Pete @Snags thanks for organizing the Jam, I really enjoyed playing with your guys. I was in two minds about going as I have not played in a group for a while. 

1. Bring two guitars , as the Gibson is bloody heavy
    4. Hey Joe  has four bars of E (thanks Mark @mrkb ;;;)
    5. Have fun.... i did 

QOTD - My amp just needed a boost o although.... it did sound very good tho....

I also really enjoyed the chance to play pretty much all afternoon and the open Jam was great, thanks.