Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Sasquatch Jam (Feb 16/17th 2019) Songlist Thread - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Sasquatch Jam (Feb 16/17th 2019) Songlist Thread

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    Hard to beat classic Scorps. And that album.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    LuttiS said:
    I get that they are great, easy to learn songs, but there are many many great easy to learn songs, Many many of them have been suggested. 
    And if 75% of songs at quad can be new, that seems a good balance? 
    We have to strike a balance - and we won't always get it right. Similarly, we can't please everyone. I will have a chat to the organising troop and work out where the balance should be as I seem to get the bigger picture with PM's and so forth. I want to get as many new songs in as possible - and if we aren't quite there yet then we can shuffle and adjust to suit.
    I get that, just my 2¢.
    Happy with whatever comes out! Colour me enthusiastic :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3631
    @LuttiS I reckon me and you doing Paradise City with @thomasross20 will be challenging enough!
  • Just putting it out there, whether it makes the final studio list or not, I'll be haranguing people into a live performance of Girl from Mars at the gig ;) 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2202
    Snags said:
    @fandango to give @darthed1981 a chance to pull something together, how about picking one of Kings of Speed or Urban Guerilla?  The former is probably one of the easier to do without synth/horns, the latter has a more interesting vocal.
    Let’s have Kings of Speed, please.

• I'm gonna try and get a webcam.. so can show you guys what parts I was thinking of doing (basically Slash's parts if ok!)
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2202
    I'm gonna try and get a webcam.. so can show you guys what parts I was thinking of doing (basically Slash's parts if ok!)
    I’ve a spare webcam. Barely used. Pm me and i could chuck* in post tomorrow.

* i mean post
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    We have a rather-too-long longlist to narrow down, but lots of time, so let's have some fun slimming it down...

Three Tom Petty suggestions, we need to choose from...

Running Down a Dream
    Learning To Fly
    I Won't Back Down

Thoughts..?
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • We have a rather-too-long longlist to narrow down, but lots of time, so let's have some fun slimming it down...

Three Tom Petty suggestions, we need to choose from...

Running Down a Dream
    Learning To Fly
    I Won't Back Down

Thoughts..?
    Won't back down is the only one that's not been done at a jam.

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24559
    Benevolent Dictator Message:

As you all know I'm very passionate about the Jams - they mean a lot to me. They mean a lot to a lot of us. I'm also conscious that I want to get it right so we can all have a cracking day, and enjoy ourselves - the buzz after Sasquatch was huge and I want to get that time after time.

The response to the jams this time round has been, frankly, incredible, and I'm floored. It's brilliant and I don't want to kill that.

However, I'm conscious that you may have all caught me with my pants down a bit and the songlist organising has been a bit chaotic.. I want everyone to have their fair crack, and I want the songs on the day to represent the needs/desires/hard work of those who will be there to play them. I've not given either of the setlist organisers a clear brief and have left them both a bit high and dry and that's not very fair of me. As such, I'd like to take a pause in this thread and have a discussion with them to make sure I'm supporting them and giving them a clear and consistent process for getting the right songs together for all of you.

How do I know I've failed at this? I've had about 200 notifications today, a number of PMs and messages on here and other threads suggesting people aren't 100% happy with the songlists for a variety of reasons. I want to get this right so I'll chat to @darthed1981 and @mrkb and agree the right way to do it and make sure they are supported and not left stirring chaotic porridge! 

Massive apologies - I should have got this sorted earlier 
    - but if anything it's an indication of just how brilliant your collective enthusiasm or response has been. I will post again tomorrow to give an ETA for songlist chat startup again - I want you to all be able to carry on by Saturday at the latest. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    I'll close this thread temporarily, just until Mr BH gets his pants back up.  I don't want him to be distracted from that task by more notifications pinging into his inbox
    :D
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143

All - new songlist thread (with rules this time!) is here.    PLease re-submit your suggestions there
    :)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
This discussion has been closed.