Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). The Official FB Jam - Quad (Leicester) Edition - Saturday 24th November 2018 - Events Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

The Official FB Jam - Quad (Leicester) Edition - Saturday 24th November 2018

What's Hot

Comments

• Ok. Just to be clear... There's no recommended hotel or anything like for Huddersfield, right? In that case I'll need a wee while to make my plans. All I need to do is decide where I'm going and book a few hotels (I'll visit one place on way down and another way back).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24559
    Ok. Just to be clear... There's no recommended hotel or anything like for Huddersfield, right? In that case I'll need a wee while to make my plans. All I need to do is decide where I'm going and book a few hotels (I'll visit one place on way down and another way back).
    Cambridge Hotel got Huddersfield - Tony is sorting a preferred price mate!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I mean for Leicester, is there a recommended hotel (sorry for the confusion....)?
    I mean for Leicester, is there a recommended hotel (sorry for the confusion....)?
    No mate - fill your boots ;)
    You are welcome to come over to us (for free) on the night after if you want mate - we have loads of spare bedrooms
  • @thomasross20 there's still the offer of my spare room then a lift down with via via @Alnico and @Route66 so you only have to drive as far as Huddersfield. You are welcome to stay the night after the jam too then pootle back up on Sunday 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    You’ve got options @thomasross20  :)
  • TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    @thomasross20 just to add another option, you would be welcome to stay with Jane and I the night before and after the Quad Jam. We are in Rugby, 20 miles South of Leicester.

If you decide to fly Birmingham or East Midlands would be options and i could pick you up from either.

Tim
  • Yep thanks all, that's awesome!! Defo appreciate the options. I have 4 weeks holiday still to take so might still see some places if I drive down.. well know more within a week after I've scoped it out :)
  • adampeteradampeter Frets: 765
    All paid
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283

Bugger - sorry going to have to pull out, looks like a family event will take me overseas for the weekend

Sorry, was looking forward to this one

peteri said:

Bugger - sorry going to have to pull out, looks like a family event will take me overseas for the weekend

Done, and promoted @spark240 up to main list
  • By the way is there a lot of stuff to do in Leicester itself? :)
  • By the way is there a lot of stuff to do in Leicester itself? :)
    Eat crisps, watch a mediocre football team and wait for death.

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    By the way is there a lot of stuff to do in Leicester itself? :)
    As someone who lived there for three years I'd like to point out...

That @Legionreturns is correct :)
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 11457

I've been to a few forest games with my in laws, and the people of nottingham really hate the people of leicester.  They only sing about how much they hate leicester regardless of who they are playing.  Makes you wonder about leicester...
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143

For balance,  I've actually spent quite a bit of time in Leicester, and I've found it to be full of intelligent, fun people, who are only to happy to welcome you, engage in interesting discussions, give relevant and valid help  / guidance and even share their most treasured possessions.

Mind, I've only been there for the jams.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2016
    peteri said:

Excellent !

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    spark240 said:
    peteri said:

Excellent !
    Don't forget to pay :)
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8108
    Let’s see if we can organise a gig
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    Roland said:
    Playing one or seeing one?
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Roland said:
    Thinking of anywhere specific??
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    Roland said:
    The gig requires an on-site in town organiser, a PA and a venue with a flexible attitude - it’s a tough call to do
  • Roland said:
    The gig requires an on-site in town organiser, a PA and a venue with a flexible attitude - it’s a tough call to do
    **flexes muscles** 

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594

Set list filling up nicely - see the set list thread for details:-

Add your names to any you want to play on (once you've paid) - we can do two or more run through with different musicians if needed.

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/137589/quad-jam-nov-18-set-list-thread#latest

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Will bass on Comfy, mardy bum, juniors wailing, Waterloo sunset, boulevard, wanted dead or alive, 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Will bass on Comfy, mardy bum, juniors wailing, Waterloo sunset, boulevard, wanted dead or alive, 

And what are you singing on sir?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • You guys.... ;) :lol:
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 4987
    If no-one else wants it, I'll do the acoustic on Dead or Live, but put me in brackets and sub me out if anyone else at all puts their hand up for it, as I've got a lot on there already and don't want to be a greedy pig (or bite off more than I can chew).  I used to be able to ruin the into, though, so ... :)
    edited August 2018
    mrkb said:

And what are you singing on sir?
    Will have a think