Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Anyone got any suggestions on ways of becoming a better singer? - Technique Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Anyone got any suggestions on ways of becoming a better singer?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• FusionistaFusionista Frets: 184
    edited April 2014
    Drew_fx said:
    Lessons.
    ../...
    And I find it fun as well. It's kinda fun being utterly shit at something and have to learn things that I had no idea about!

Using the diaphragm is a bit of a misnomer. You want to focus on resonance; chest resonance, through to mixed voice, through to head resonance. 

../...

Warm up exercises are not that useful, because your voice changes from day to day, even hour to hour. Focus on breathing and bridge techniques first, keep your throat open (I know you can do that one Sheldon!!) and work on your front vowel sounds.
    Wisdom for that @Drew_fx.  What's the name of your band and where were you playing in Colchester ?
    "Nobody needs more than 20 strats." Mike Landau
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22443
    See sig. Little pub called Hole In The Wall. Nice place!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  •  

Drew_fx said:
    I do like Ian Browns singing style. He uses his head and mixed voice predominantly, which is how he gets that airy almost pseudo-falsetto sound. He's a lot more breathy and "wussy" sounding than you'd think. But it works with the Stone Roses stuff.
    I think an advantage Ian Brown (who I like) has in the way he sings is that he has let's the mic add the volume and has never really pushed his voice with extreme dynamic changes.  The breathy and wussy sounding bit is spot on as it's like he's whispering something to you in a crowded pub.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • Here are some very short examples of my singing.

I was playing guitar and singing at the same time and I just recorded it on my phone.

Old Is Gold