Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Post Rats chat, pics & clips - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Post Rats chat, pics & clips

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9089
    Every single person that played in that live room should feel really chuffed with themselves... Thats not meant to sound as patronising as it does either... There was a couple of performances that could have easily been played at a paying gig...

I'm guessing that no one in the building that day plays together on a regular basis if at all?... Myself and Matt are in a band and we gig regularly and meet up every couple of weeks with our bass player and singer to run through new stuff and we both know Bill from old, but apart from us three, how many of you actually have met each other before? let alone played with each other before!!!!.

Performances as good as they were from a group of guys that only met that day?... Brilliant!... cant say anything more tbh!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Christ!!!! No one told me I am that bald!!!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    poopot said:
    Every single person that played in that live room should feel really chuffed with themselves... Thats not meant to sound as patronising as it does either... There was a couple of performances that could have easily been played at a paying gig...

I'm guessing that no one in the building that day plays together on a regular basis if at all?... Myself and Matt are in a band and we gig regularly and meet up every couple of weeks with our bass player and singer to run through new stuff and we both know Bill from old, but apart from us three, how many of you actually have met each other before? let alone played with each other before!!!!.

Performances as good as they were from a group of guys that only met that day?... Brilliant!... cant say anything more tbh!

First song I heard was come together and sounded loads better than I expected to hear at the jam.  Especially as the bass player was 13!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    edited June 2018
    Yes Come Together was a superb opener.

For those of you who have never played with others before, my experience (I am a quarter step ahead as I've done a few months Rock Project and a couple of micro-gigs) is that's it's usually easier than on Sunday. You usually know the players at least a little, have had some jam time, and most importantly when you see a smiling audience you realise they're there for fun not to criticise, it's a big relaxer. They're on your side, and they care more about groove than perfection. People love live music.
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2093
    munckee said:
    I watched 'Just what I needed' which I mentioned to you just before you went in was one of my favourite songs so not to murder it : ), sounded really good in the mixing room, looking forward to hearing the track when it arrives on here.
    Thanks. I rarely just sing, I'm usually playing as well. It's good to have a solid band when 'just' singing. So as before thanks to the bands. Also if @Brocco had £1 for everytime I made him run through the intro...
    edited June 2018
    pmbomb said:

most importantly when you see a smiling audience you realise they're there for fun not to criticise, it's a big relaxer. They're on your side, and they care more about groove than perfection.
    ↑This...

Havent played with Bill for nearly a decade... One of the best gigs we ever did was with him on bass (I say on bass loosely-He had a bass with him)...

Small venue 100 people or so... Soundcheck was at 5pm... No Bill... 6pm...Still no Bill... 7pm... Better ring Bill... No answer... Due on at 8.30...

8.25pm and Bill shows up... absolutely drunk as can be, been at the football all day and was steaming...

It became very apparent very quickly that despite his reassurances of "I'll be fine" he really wasn't... but we went with it anyway. The crowd just joined in with the fun and got him drunker and drunker. At one point he had at least a dozen full pints sat around his amp... He was dropping notes, playing the wrong song, even playing between songs etc etc... but it remains to this day one of the best and funniest gig experiences I've ever had... 

After we loaded out he came up to me and asked "what time do we go on?" when I told him we'd done the gig his response was "great, how did i play?"

We (current band) still go back to that venue 3 or 4 times every year!...

Entertainment wins above perfection every time!!!!!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    @slacker - are you ready for Huddersfield now?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2517
    tFB Trader
    Ohh and by the way.. I got a second copyright notice for Teenage Kicks take 2  :D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24559
    Rabs said:
    Ohh and by the way.. I got a second copyright notice for Teenage Kicks take 2  :D
    Haha you are going to ruin the fretboards reputation of being a bunch of all talk non players at this rate ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader
    Rabs said:
    Haha you are going to ruin the fretboards reputation of being a bunch of all talk non players at this rate ;)

Well it is kind of cool... It says that the owner has monetised it.. So we are now helping the bands that we pay tribute to make money..  Ok it will probably only amount to about 10p but still..  We are contributing in our own small way  :D
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Rabs said:
    Right ! Next time I bump into that Fergal Sharkey bloke I’m asking for my cut!!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    tFB Trader
    And if anyone wants any of the video files to keep just PM me with an email address and what songs you want and I will get them to you no worries  :)  
    Rabs said:
    And if anyone wants any of the video files to keep just PM me with an email address and what songs you want and I will get them to you no worries  :)  

Cheers Rabs, Ive already ripped them from youtube - Im working on improving my Mick Jagger dancing as we speak! Thanks for doing the vids I always forget to take photos at these events and come away with no permanent reminders of the day. Much appreciated.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    tFB Trader
    mrkb said:
    Rabs said:

Cheers Rabs, Ive already ripped them from youtube - Im working on improving my Mick Jagger dancing as we speak! Thanks for doing the vids I always forget to take photos at these events and come away with no permanent reminders of the day. Much appreciated.

Twas a pleasure sir  :)  
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    mrkb said:
    Rabs said:

I loved your dance man, in Huddersfield we are doing dancing on every vocal ;)
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • Chris777Chris777 Frets: 58
    Looked like a lot of fun, thanks for sharing the pictures and videos. :)
    mrkb said:
    Rabs said:

I loved your dance man, in Huddersfield we are doing dancing on every vocal ;)

But I cant sing whilst playing and Pogoing to Teenage Kicks!!!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 598
    munckee said:
    A couple from my phone, first come together featuring the @lovestrat74 s, @mrkb, poopots drummer and the person with their back to us is the chap who kindly let me play his custom tele and I have lost his name amongst the many, I think its @Tone71 ?

https://i.imgur.com/st1G7yV.jpg

Secondly @Rabs took this one on my phone for @TTony and I to use for the cover of our album of duets, working title is "ttony and mme - the drugs really don't work" but if anyone ahs any better suggestions let me know : )
    https://i.imgur.com/6KT9gJA.jpg

Yep, that`s my back indeed
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2093
    TTony said:
    @slacker - are you ready for Huddersfield now?
    I'll let you know on the other thread. Still decking one or two days and I still don't have PayPal.