Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Whats New Pussycat - Feline Guitars Updates thread. - Made in the UK Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Whats New Pussycat - Feline Guitars Updates thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2350
    Those straps look awesome. I'll be grabbing some I think
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 10901
    tFB Trader
    We've been busy completing a baritone explorer for one of our customers
    27" scale length - shape based on an ESP custom shop Baritone that the player owns
    Tuned like the lower 6 of a 7 string but with the lowB dropped to an A
    Pickups are EMG 57 & 66
    Hardware is TonePros and Sperzel (special tuner hole size to take the low string)
    We used Luminlay side markers - these can be activated with a special UV torch and glow for an hour or more

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader
    Excuse the dust on the pic below - photos were a bit rushed as the new owner was uber keen to grab the guitar and take her home

Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3380
    That is a seriously sexy Explorer.  Feline seem to have some really great quality stocks of Mahogany as well. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 357
    Very nice!
  • FezFez Frets: 472
    I'm not a seven string player but that is one cool mother of a geetar.
    Don't touch that dial.
    tFB Trader
    Fez said:
    I'm not a seven string player but that is one cool mother of a geetar.
    You don't need to be - it's only got 6 strings - merely a longer scale length

• FezFez Frets: 472
    Wherever did I get seven strings from? Only trouble is now I want it.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    When the time comes for an explorer I'm becoming ever more sure it'll be a 76-style from Feline. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 7616
    tFB Trader
    That's gorgeous mate ... I adore Explorers
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog

tFB Trader
    First photo sighting of the prototype Lion for the 25th anniversary series we're doing for next year

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader
    We're also making a flat top Lion - essentially a Lion cub deluxe, but with a skinny neck as it will be a rather special 5 string guitar for a Banjo player who wants to dabble in guitar playing in open tunings.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6038
    tFB Trader
    First photo sighting of the prototype Lion for the 25th anniversary series we're doing for next year

ok, I'm officially bowled over. That is stunning , and those inlays..... WOW
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader
    Brilliant work again Jonathan, that top is eye popping!
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2350
    Needs a trem, pickup selector beneath the pickups and led fingerboard markers ;-)
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197

An opinion rather than a criticism, but I think I'd like those inlays better if they were the other way up.

I'll be interested to hear more about the 25th Anniversaries.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1324

That is bite the back of your hand gorgeous. Someone will be very very lucky indeed
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BowynMadleyBowynMadley Frets: 146
    Oh sweet lord! I'm never normally one for highly flamed or quilted tops. I find they don't suit me I just look like I've stolen orbit that is jaw dropping! What colours are you thinking for it? Amber burst or maybe just clear coat?
    I like the inlays. They're unique and classy. Fine work @felineguitars
    edited May 2016 tFB Trader
    Oh sweet lord! I'm never normally one for highly flamed or quilted tops. I find they don't suit me I just look like I've stolen orbit that is jaw dropping! What colours are you thinking for it? Amber burst or maybe just clear coat?
    I like the inlays. They're unique and classy. Fine work @felineguitars
    Goodness Bo ... I can see your piggy bank running from the hammer! Soooooo tempting isn't it?
    Mine's hidden :-)

I've promised myself a feline Lion. That is just beautiful! The problem is Ash @theguitarweasel is that my piggy bank is an agile speedy swine currently due to him not being weighed down by disposable income!
    tFB Trader
    I've promised myself a feline Lion. That is just beautiful! The problem is Ash @theguitarweasel is that my piggy bank is an agile speedy swine currently due to him not being weighed down by disposable income!
    Mine too lol ...positively turbo charged! Mind you ... Jonathan does do extremely good 'terms' where you pay a bit throughout the build ... just to be the little devil sitting on your shoulder :-)
    I am hoping to make this year the year where he can build me the Feline Flying V I have been lusting after!

I am hoping to make this year the year where he can build me the Feline Flying V I have been lusting after![/quote]

Surely a korina V with gold hardware?
    tFB Trader
    I am hoping to make this year the year where he can build me the Feline Flying V I have been lusting after![/quote]

No Ash actually wants a nice vrsion of what essentially adds up to a flying V Junior

FelineGuitars;1074295" said:
    BowynMadley said:

I am hoping to make this year the year where he can build me the Feline Flying V I have been lusting after!

No Ash actually wants a nice vrsion of what essentially adds up to a flying V Junior[/quote]

So mahogany body and neck with rosewood board and minimal bling? Sounds lovely
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Want
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3380
    Jonathan, what is the scale of the 5 string banjo inspired guitar going to be?  Is it going to be 670mm?  What gauge strings are you planning to use as well? Are you planning to use banjo tuners?  

Looks like a really fascinating instrument.  A bit like a 5 string version of the Warren Ellis baritone tenor. 

The 25th Anniversary Lion looks amazing.  Really precise and tidy inlay work on the ebony board. 
    tFB Trader
    The 5 string guitar will be standard scale rather than a baritone, - haven't figured out the tuning etc
    Hope to see the customer later on so we'll get more info soon

tFB Trader
    We do actually make classic bolt on neck guitars too.
    Here is one of our all access necks 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader
    Lots of new leather goods turning up at Feline this week (not those kinds)
    We've long wanted to include some tool pouches and accessory bags made to go in the cases of our custom built guitars.....a bit of new "Case candy" for the high end stuff and this week our friendly leatherworkers turned up with the first batch.

Nice English leather document and accessory pouch we will begin to supply with our high end guitars - great for warranty cards and a spare set of strings.

Nice tool pouch for the Cruz groove Tool (guitar multitool) which we're going to supply with our custom build orders

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2969
    That's a nice touch Jonathan.

I do a lot of work for Jaguar/Land Rover, press launches and such and their Design Director is prone to mangling the English language to the point that it makes all the crew wince.
    Once of his favourites when explaining the design ethos is 'Premiumness' and much as it is an ugly word I think it is quite appropriate for what you're trying to do with these !