Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Whats New Pussycat - Feline Guitars Updates thread. - Made in the UK Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Whats New Pussycat - Feline Guitars Updates thread.

What's Hot
1101112131416»

Comments

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1790
    yes every guitar is priced based on specs although there are pricing trends for similar models.

Are base prices on your website? I think I'll be popping by to see you at the Birmingham guitar show next year :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Could this be Three Lions on a Shirt?
     @FelineGuitars ;; you should sell t-shirts at next year's Guitar Show - some of your guitars laid out horizontally, with the caption,

"Felines on a shirt"
    Have you got those t-shirts done yet? ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 10901
    tFB Trader
    yes every guitar is priced based on specs although there are pricing trends for similar models.

Are base prices on your website? I think I'll be popping by to see you at the Birmingham guitar show next year :)
    Base prices start at £2400
    Archtops start at £2700
    Occasionally we do special runs like the DC Lion Cubs we did last year which were about £1800

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8372
    Jon: serious question with my 50th birthday looming below the horizon in something over a year's lead time... 

Do you make/would you be prepared to make a body shape that's not on your 'regular' list?  I've a thing for offset types, and have some particular stuff in mind, and knowing *how* good your work is wondered whether my tentative plans might fly...

...still love love loving my Lion Cub DC btw :D
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    tFB Trader
    JerkMoans said:
    Jon: serious question with my 50th birthday looming below the horizon in something over a year's lead time... 

Do you make/would you be prepared to make a body shape that's not on your 'regular' list?  I've a thing for offset types, and have some particular stuff in mind, and knowing *how* good your work is wondered whether my tentative plans might fly...

...still love love loving my Lion Cub DC btw :D
    Sure - we used to do a lot but it was rarely asked for 

Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8372
    Yum.  That top one is proper mental: a sort of Jaguar/Firebird/Derek Trucks SG/Strat input hybrid with, what?  Goldfoils?  Looks cool as, anyhoo :D
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1790

Base prices start at £2400
    Archtops start at £2700
    Occasionally we do special runs like the DC Lion Cubs we did last year which were about £1800
    They seem quite reasonable prices. Less than I'm paying for my build. Maybe should've gone to you :(
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    tFB Trader

Was a custom Bare Knuckle Rebel Yell with twin screw coil and a TV Jones Magnatron, and a Graphtech ghost piezo bridge with both acoustic sounds and MIDI output.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader
    The Tabby Madcat is nearing completion

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2969

Never seen this guitar from this angle before. Love the detail of how the contouring dresses away from the tailpiece
    tFB Trader
    So this is happening and I'm so excited

Nice simple lines
    Once I get the sustainiac in  there will be a couple more switches and maybe one more pot...not sure whether to have an intensity control or a possible tone pot.

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 851
    The Tabby Madcat is nearing completion

Looks incredible. Getting very excited about this...
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1786
    The Southpaw on Reverb is a belter.
  • So this is happening and I'm so excited

Nice simple lines
    Once I get the sustainiac in  there will be a couple more switches and maybe one more pot...not sure whether to have an intensity control or a possible tone pot.
    Thinking Mans Axis or the LP Axcess Gibson should have built ? 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    So this is happening and I'm so excited

Nice simple lines

You keep making these fine-looking thin-bodied singlecuts! 

I think you should add that "The Paul"-alike to this thread.  Very curious to see how that turns out.

edited August 2022 tFB Trader
    The Feline Lion Cub HH "The Paul"
    Once again it was me trying to shoehorn a flying V into a comfy "sit on the couch and play" LP junior type guitar (hence the control layout).
    Ratio tuners
    Earvana nut
    Suhr Aldrich pickups
    Tonepro bridge and tailpiece studs
    Aluminium tailpiece
    Neck is 21.5mm at 1st fret and 23mm at 12th (43mm wide at nut and 57mm at last fret)
    Dunlop 6000 fretwire

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    :)
    tFB Trader
    Time for some new Feline Vs I think....
    First up is another of our V58 models 

Ignore the masking tape - we're just laying out the bridge and tailpiece locations

Should we go with the BKP Mules we originally intended or maybe try the Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Joe Bonnamassa Signature set for his Korina V called "Amos"?

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader
    Some more Korina V madness - this time based on our V80 shape - slimmer shape with no pickguard and input jack in the inside of the upper fin in a strat jackplate>

We decided to give these Feline V80s a different choice in pickups from the typical all humbucker route. 
    One is pure P90 tone driven, and they other is a hybrid with a bridge humbucker and a neck position P90

This V80 is something of a hybrid with a bridge humbucker and a neck postion P90.
    The split V chevron inlays give a unique twist to it as well .
    What colour should we go for though...bear in mind we may well use cream pickups

This V80 is pure P90 tone driven with a pair of BKP Nantuckets lined up to go into it.
    We were thinking that a goldtop colour scheme could be quite appropriate too to mimic the goldtop Les Paul it shares some styling with .
    What do you think?

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader
    Some more movement on the V80 Korina Vs

An @OilCityPickups  Jingo P90 at the neck and a @OilCityPickups Transonic at the bridge giving a cool early 80s appeal to the look of this one.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 7616
    tFB Trader
    That's gorgeous ... 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog

edited August 2019 tFB Trader

Not sure about the knob colour but we were thinking about possibly doing it with a goldtop finish on the front and natural on the back.
    Pickups are Bare Knuckle Nantuckets
    Controls are 2 volumes and a tone and a 3 way switch

Real Mother of Pearl inlays on the front and black tahiti pearl dots in the ivoroid binding

Jack socket for both these guitars is on the inside of the upper fin

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader
    So we recently completed a build for Ross @webrthomson ; on this forum with an amazing piece of redwood that he supplied
    We went with an alder body with that redwood cap.
    Neck is a 3 piece maple with a rosewoodboard
    A Bill Lawrence tele rails pickup and a Mojo staple P90 capture all the tone

0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Stunning as always Jonathan @FelineGuitars - I cannot wait to get my grubby paws on this - I'm on holiday next week, just as well as I'm planning on playing this, a lot :)