Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). The Pedal Finishing Thread - Painting, Coating, Drilling, Envirotex, etc - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

The Pedal Finishing Thread - Painting, Coating, Drilling, Envirotex, etc

What's Hot
14567810»

Comments

• SteveFSteveF Frets: 505
    Love the top design. Looks great. :)

You’re plan will probably work but I never had great results with spray paint. If you have the kit/ability to drill, then you may be able to get a powder coated new enclosure for a similar cost (or less) than the paint. You could then do your water slide and clear coat or use envirotex or similar epoxy on the top (guide earlier in this thread by Phil). 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Planning to box this up today

I've been using a fixed wah + doubler effect together for my lead sound so I'm putting the two effects in one box with one switch

The off board wiring is all done

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • -x-GF-x--x-GF-x- Frets: 39
    SteveF said:
    Love the top design. Looks great.

You’re plan will probably work but I never had great results with spray paint. If you have the kit/ability to drill, then you may be able to get a powder coated new enclosure for a similar cost (or less) than the paint. You could then do your water slide and clear coat or use envirotex or similar epoxy on the top (guide earlier in this thread by Phil). 

No drilling kit sadly. Otherwise a new powder-coated enclosure would be tempting.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    roberty said:
    Planning to box this up today

I've been using a fixed wah + doubler effect together for my lead sound so I'm putting the two effects in one box with one switch

The off board wiring is all done

It's here https://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/3653327/#Comment_3653327
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • -x-GF-x--x-GF-x- Frets: 39
    Another question for those with more expertise...

Another pedal I like listening to but not looking at is my Behringer ADI21 - truly hideous. I'd like to respray it (with an adhesive promoter, then enamel paint), but it looks like water decals might not take to that textured finish. Can anyone suggest some means of applying neatly finished labelling?