Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Let's 'Ave Some Banging Bass Solos! - Bass Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Let's 'Ave Some Banging Bass Solos!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    Really enjoyed Failing @Fretmeister

Guys got mad skills!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30192
    edited March 2014
    So much right about this- the Jet Black drum lick and then JJ cutting loose from 3:35

He might not be the best but he's instantly recognisable.

Another one- Norman Watt-Roy- one of my favourites....one of the greatest basslines ever

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

• guitarfishbay

Couldn't view that one or get the title, who is Yanni. I'd like to see it?

Ta!

Try this one - solo at 2:35

Yanni is a Greek composer.  We had his Live at the Acropolis tape in the car when I was younger.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • A couple from Tal:

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5750
    @guitarfishbay

That was excellent, great Violinist too.

She's a wonderful player and totally gorgeous. I loved that Beck tune too, he's not the easiest guitarist to emulate. His touch and dynamics are unique.
    And they said that in our time, all that's good will fall from grace, even Saints would turn their face, in our time.
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5750
    edited April 2014
    Ecky Thump!

I just realised who the female singer is in the George Duke Band, Louis Johnson, Paul Jackson Jr OP. It took me a while to make out her name from George's introduction of her.

Marcy Levy, aka Marcella Detroit of Shakespear's Sister. Feck, I checked her C.V out, I never realised what a varied career she'd had. I'd never heard of her before S.S. Quite a transition in musical styles.

I didn't know she was that age either, she didn't look 40 in S.S and still looks fab now.

I love finding stuff out like this.

:O)

Edit: Might as well have a bit of her.

Classic!
    And they said that in our time, all that's good will fall from grace, even Saints would turn their face, in our time.
  • racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 958
    edited April 2014
    since just discovering him last week,this gent is now my fav bass player (just an incredible musician) 

i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90