Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Ivison Guitars - Build and Repair Thread - Made in the UK Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Ivison Guitars - Build and Repair Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    I wish I knew about your work before I gave John Gill my money, the juniors look lovely, and I've already sung your praise on the unique ness of the les paul style models, but with their own design. 

Great work, when funds allow I'll be knocking on your door. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6806
    edited December 2020 tFB Trader
    Here are two recently completed Hurricanes, both now with their new owners...

And two more on the bench....

http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 15reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited December 2020 tFB Trader
    Lots more of this to come in 2021 plus some exciting news on a new stockist too....

Thanks for all your support in 2020 Fretboarders and here's to a healthier and happier 2021!  
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Neil, those Hurricanes look amazing.

Funnily enough, I had a long chat with our James @Gassage today, and he was raving about thE Hurricanes and the pick ups. 

Delighted for you mate - excellent !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30192
    Neil, been a pleasure watching your growth and thanks for also being a pal and a mate.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 4930
    You’ve been a life saver this year Neil... <3
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2064
    I definitely do not need an Ivison Hurricane. Oh no. Not at all.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • hoopshoops Frets: 220
    Keep up the great work. Guitars look beautiful and great reviews in the mags. Happy and successful New Year to you. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    HNY Neil - Are you still making the Filmore ? - As per the shoreline gold version posted a while ago and I played at a show - Can't recall which 

Glad you are busy and the work above looks awesome - Best wishes for 2021
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15657
    The cutaways are beautiful man  :)
    tae be or not tae be
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15657
    Brian May(ish)
    tae be or not tae be
    tFB Trader
    @Wazmeister Thanks for the kind words mate, really appreciated! 

@Gassage Pleasure is all yours, sorry, mine... ;)

@tone1 It was a pleasure to help out Tony! Hope she's still serving you well?

@Keefy ....Definitely Not....although, they do sound particularly good through a Lightning....just saying'... ;)

@hoops Thanks Hoops! really appreciated!

@guitars4you Yes, still making the Fillmore, (I believe there's still a Shoreline Gold at @ATB_Guitars) but the Hurricane has taken off beyond my wildest expectations so I'll be building those for the foreseeable :) 

@Hootsmon Cheers Hoots! :) 

(formerly miserneil)
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2064

@Keefy ....Definitely Not....although, they do sound particularly good through a Lightning....just saying'... ;)

You're not helping Neil!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Beautiful work! Do you have any plans to do a Hurricane Custom yet (a ‘Sea’ Hurricane, perhaps?!), or would I have to order one...? ;)
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3819
    Guitars look great. Not sure about the hat though  :)
    tFB Trader
    Beautiful work! Do you have any plans to do a Hurricane Custom yet (a ‘Sea’ Hurricane, perhaps?!), or would I have to order one...? ;)
    There's an aged Black one in the works currently....on a tuxedo theme as it's #007.... but a Custom is certainly doable, no plans to add one to the line up at the moment but a one off would be no problem at all :) 
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Neat, looking forward to seeing James then!
    tFB Trader
    These two are heading for clear coat and some gentle fading next week...

(formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader
    In between Hurricane builds, I've been working on a new model i'm tentatively calling The Dakota.

Here's the neck heel detail...

(formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Beautiful transition, can’t wait to see it.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    In between Hurricane builds, I've been working on a new model i'm tentatively calling The Dakota.

Two completely different woods, or just differently-coloured mahogany?
    tFB Trader
    Philly_Q said:

Two completely different woods, or just differently-coloured mahogany?
    Just different colours of Mahogany, the neck being Honduran, the body African :)
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader
    Evening chaps!

This has been getting quite a good reaction on my social media so far....

I envisaged this one as the soul of a Firebird, sprinkled with a little nod to the Flying V and with a more ergonomic, manageable vintage Single Cut feel and came up with The Dakota! 

(formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 16reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • wesker123wesker123 Frets: 477
    I saw these on Instagram. That green one is spectacular! 
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7202
    OUTSTANDING!
  • SchmoSchmo Frets: 157
    You are raising the bar Neil...
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 724
    Awesome as ever!
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 3696
    Bloody hell, those Dakota’s are fantastic! What finish is that on the green one - an aged Pelham, Inverness, or...?
    tFB Trader
    Ah, thank you chaps, very much appreciated as always!

Bloody hell, those Dakota’s are fantastic! What finish is that on the green one - an aged Pelham, Inverness, or...?
    That’s an aged Pelham Blue - colour matched to a 1965 custom colour SG Junior I borrowed :)
    (formerly miserneil)
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    That is such a great idea, Pelham blue too. All the fun of a Firebird without any of the embarrassment : P