Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Feedback - Help & Feedback Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Feedback

What's Hot

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    I'm on basschat so I'm familiar with the system.

I think the search function is all we have here.

The Good trader list used to be updated all the time to give a positive count of the number of good feedback reports, but the person doing it doesn't come here much anymore. It was fine while it was being updated, but as time goes on it is less and less accurate.

I just tried the advanced search on myself and couldn't find a way of filtering it to just sales feedback.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    The Good trader list used to be updated all the time to give a positive count of the number of good feedback reports, but the person doing it doesn't come here much anymore. It was fine while it was being updated, but as time goes on it is less and less accurate.
    It was a pretty major task given how much traffic there is on the Classifieds.  Unfortunately (very unfortunately) Mr Jooky had a number of other life challenges to deal with, so couldn't maintain it.

We need another volunteer to take that on ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • @fretmeister - kinda, but with a way to filter by username.  So just before I line the pockets of @straight_up_geezer_honest_mate for that tasty-looking '54 goldtop, I can check what others said about him.  Is there any way to do that in the existing thread?

For comparison, here is the feedback thread for a randomly-selected user on basschat.  Since that's under its own URL, it can easily be linked to from a sig.

Just ctrl+F in your browser on the first page and search for the username :)
    <space for hire>
    Well I never knew that!
    TTony said:
    It was a pretty major task given how much traffic there is on the Classifieds.  Unfortunately (very unfortunately) Mr Jooky had a number of other life challenges to deal with, so couldn't maintain it.

We need another volunteer to take that on ...
    Granted, and he did a cracking job.

You need to find an IT student who can put it on his CV!! :D
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Not sure if this has been mentioned before, or even if this is the right place. But on the mobile version of the site there is no search bar, meaning one has to go to the non-mobile version to search. Also (possibly intentionally) speakers corner isn't in the mobile version of the site, well it is. But the link to it is gone.
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4389
    I have someone on ignore yet i get a notification when he has commented on one of my discussions .. can this be changed?
  • I've lost the FX classifieds button on mobile version. Careless of me but any ideas?

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2890

Is there any way of having a time next to every post, rather than just the ones posted that day (if that makes sense)?

This has bugged me for a while. It's a bit more crucial for the classifieds, as you have to wait 48 hours between bumps. If my post had a time on it I'd know when I can bump!

• ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    @Bidley ~ if you hover over the date stamp on the post it should show you the full date and time.  That works in most, or all, views on the forum AFAIK.  I don't know if that works in the mobile version.  Or whether the 48 hr rule is exact 48 hr or just every other day max, some clarification may be in order for that ?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2890

Holy shit @ChrisMusic thanks for that.

I'm sure the 48hr rule has a bit of leeway here and there, but as I work shifts I post at all sorts of times, therefore it's likely I could post an ad at 11pm and want to bump it at 5am two days later! But no matter.

• imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    @Bidley ~ if you hover over the date stamp on the post it should show you the full date and time.  That works in most, or all, views on the forum AFAIK.  I don't know if that works in the mobile version.  Or whether the 48 hr rule is exact 48 hr or just every other day max, some clarification may be in order for that ?
    Wow. Had been annoying me too.
    :)

• OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    edited March 2015
    There's a weird bug going on where people's profile pics (or "avatars" if you prefer to call them that!) have all been swapped! Hahahahahaha it's weird. I noticed it when going to Notifications using the site in my phone browser. @GavHaus you stole my pic ;) I have no idea whose I ended up with but upon investigation everyone's is switched but if you go to the user's profile their correct pic is there!! How weird!

Edit: happening for me in threads as well now...
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    Is there any way to make clicking the 'LOL' or "wisdom"s in your profile link back to the posts which recieved the lol? I've seen other forums do it.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    hugbot said:
    Is there any way to make clicking the 'LOL' or "wisdom"s in your profile link back to the posts which recieved the lol? I've seen other forums do it.
    Some people have *thousands* of frets ... clicking on them would create a very long list of posts.

It's been suggested before, but isn't something that we're thinking of doing.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    On the mobile version when you back up to the previous page it takes you to the top, is there any way of stopping this,
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    Just had this message pop up (literally in a pop up box like the notifications) - I thought I'd post it in case it's important.  It looks important - big fonts and everything  ;).

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) Server at thefretboard.co.uk Port 80
  • wayneiriewayneirie Frets: 419
    Not a complaint just a heads up. When I get a notification of a message in Gmail then reply in Gmail it bounces back and the intended recipient doesn't get a message. Might be useful for people to know.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    wayneirie said:
    Not a complaint just a heads up. When I get a notification of a message in Gmail then reply in Gmail it bounces back and the intended recipient doesn't get a message. Might be useful for people to know.
    Yeah, the email is just a notification. 
    You have to go to your inbox on the site to reply.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3663
    Just a thank you from me for Nick and Tony for sorting out my account after a break.
    Cheers gents.
    I play at my dining room table.
    edited May 2015
    Welcome back @Deadman   :)

Hey there @wayneirie, there is a link in the notification eMail (for PMs at least), and the sending address gives you a clue >>>  noreply@ thefretboard.co.uk  ~ which is commonly used for notification only purposes across the net.  HTH

• wayneiriewayneirie Frets: 419
    @chrismusic Yeah I've figured it out now mate, I was just putting it out there in case anyone else had made the same bone headed mistake.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

• sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1252
    "Your Comment will appear after it has been approved"

??

Left wondering if I inadvertently typo'd count without the "o" and it was flagged, or something.  Can't see the post though.

This a new thing?
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Is there a way of having the search results show chronologically instead of whatever order it is now?

Say for example you're searching the classifieds for a popular pedal you get a very long list of threads to go though when really it's the recent ones that'd be most relevant.
    Is there a way of having the search results show chronologically instead of whatever order it is now?

Say for example you're searching the classifieds for a popular pedal you get a very long list of threads to go though when really it's the recent ones that'd be most relevant.
    Hi not_the_dj,

Have you discovered the advanced search functions?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Hi not_the_dj,

Have you discovered the advanced search functions?
    Oooo, thanks a lot, that looks perfect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    Just floating an idea: ever consider merging "theory" and "technique"? or maybe even bundling both into "making music". I feel like the music making forums would get a bit more traffic if they weren't as compartmentalised.