Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Axe FX 3 - Digital & Modelling Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Axe FX 3

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Have a look at the Multiplexer block to switch instantly between two amp/cab input feeds. Also scene toggle is a good way to add a boost as you can simply add 3db to the scene output in OUT1 block - hence very low CPU.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Does the Axe3 have a momentary EHX Freeze type of effect????

I also have a part where I go from a lead line into a rhythm, and ideally I'd like to freeze the last note of the lead whilst playing the next riff, and then fade it away.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2318
    Roland said:
    Just watching Marco Fanton, I’m wondering about toggling some of the scene buttons so that I can go in and out of a solo using the same button, or maybe get a little more volume for those times where the band has got too loud.
    Yeah, that's what I do now. I have one 'main' patch with 4 amps - 2 plexi types, a CCV and the AFD100 - and the second press on the switch changes scene to the same amp but with input boost enabled (plus delays etc.).
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 782
    edited August 2021
    the delay between channels is a lot less than it was is n the AFX2 mind.  the more you change on 1 button the longer the delay is.   dont rule anything out until you start playing with options.  there are lots of ways to do the same thing - each with positives and negatives.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8108
    ... dont rule anything out until you start playing with options.  there are lots of ways to do the same thing - each with positives and negatives.
    yeah, I'm expecting a voyage of discovery, which is why I'm interested in what other people have already learned

Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 9175
    edited August 2021
    I do notice the delay. I just time my changes and it’s okay but I do wish it was as smooth as other devices. 
    Does the Axe3 have a momentary EHX Freeze type of effect?
    I’m sure that’s possible. I was thinking of letting a 500 msec delay spill over. I’m sure that you could build a freeze using an infinitely repeating delay or looper. 
    edited August 2021
    Roland said:
    Does the Axe3 have a momentary EHX Freeze type of effect?
    I’m sure that’s possible. I was thinking of letting a 500 msec delay spill over. I’m sure that you could build a freeze using an infinitely repeating delay or looper. 
    Theres a footswitchable Stack or Hold function in the reverb, delays, and plexdelay

Plex Delay block - Fractal Audio Wiki

Stack/Hold

Available in firmware Ares 12 and later.

When HOLD is activated, the wet input to the block is muted and feedback is set to infinity. This can be used to achieve pad sounds and drone notes/chords.

When set to STACK incoming audio is stacked on existing audio and held.

Hold/Stack can be controlled with an external controller. When attaching a pedal to Off/Stack/Hold, Heel is Off, Stack is middle and Toe is Hold.

Delay & Reverb Stack or Hold - Axe-Fx III & FM3 - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4EtcSlvHv8

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 9175
    edited August 2021
    I’m pretty sure @JohnCordy sent me a freeze patch to try out before. 
    Well, the new box is here. First impression, after 5 minutes playing, is that it sounds a lot clearer than the II. That’s been the case with every advance in modelling since I started using an Ultra in 2009. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Enjoy!
    My plan is to start by replicating my current live setup on the AxeFX II, and use it at next week’s rehearsal. I can also set up the FC12 to mirror my MFC layout. Replicating will mean that I know here I am at any point, otherwise it’s too easy to spend hours exploring. That can come later.

The effects should copy across with limited changes. When I say copy I’m actually re-typing most of the values. Last night I set up my acoustic guitar simulation. I’ve already discovered that I need different threshold values for the multi-band compressor. It’s likely that I’ll need to change PEQ settings too. If I put the II in the III’s loop (Output3 and Input3) then I should be able to do A:B tests as I go. 

After that I’ll configure a couple of Amp channels, and test the gap on channel and scene changes to see whether I can get away with one Amp and one Cab block. My kitchen sink preset is already at 75% cpu so it would be helpful to lose some blocks. Then there’s racking, pedal board, midi for the lighting ...... 
    Roland said:
    My plan is to start by replicating my current live setup on the AxeFX II, and use it at next week’s rehearsal. I can also set up the FC12 to mirror my MFC layout. Replicating will mean that I know here I am at any point, otherwise it’s too easy to spend hours exploring. That can come later.

The effects should copy across with limited changes. When I say copy I’m actually re-typing most of the values. Last night I set up my acoustic guitar simulation. I’ve already discovered that I need different threshold values for the multi-band compressor. It’s likely that I’ll need to change PEQ settings too. If I put the II in the III’s loop (Output3 and Input3) then I should be able to do A:B tests as I go. 

After that I’ll configure a couple of Amp channels, and test the gap on channel and scene changes to see whether I can get away with one Amp and one Cab block. My kitchen sink preset is already at 75% cpu so it would be helpful to lose some blocks. Then there’s racking, pedal board, midi for the lighting ...... 
    Don't forget you can reduce the quality of the reverb(s) to save a lot of CPU. I found a 2nd amp block doesn't actually use much CPU.
    Has anyone noticed a significant difference with firmware 19 or 19.1?
  • I don’t even know what firmware I’m on! :lol: 
    Roland said:
    Has anyone noticed a significant difference with firmware 19 or 19.1?
    I never notice much difference is sounds - my short term memory isn’t that good. It sounds good before and after.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • -Ed--Ed- Frets: 26
    When it went to Cygnus back whenever that was I thought I could notice a difference. I don't notice anything really on rot releases only mainline and then it is usually subtle of because new functionality is delivered.
  • Does anyone here still have the Axe-FX III?  I need a favour...
    Yes. What do you need?