Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Northern Jam Songlist Discussion - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Northern Jam Songlist Discussion

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• LuttiS said:

UFO - Doctor Doctor

This please!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7962
    edited November 2017
    Quite a lot of people not picked anything yet. I'll update the second post with a temporary list of what's been discussed, but I though it would be worth going over the format just in case people weren't aware. 

We're likely to repeat the same structure as Leicester:

·Publish a final list of 20 ish songs after we've listened to all the requests / suggestions.

·Let people choose as many or as few as they want to take part in

·Work out if we need to run duplicates of any songs 

·Publish final running order

It's worth saying that you don't *have* to do anything in the main room if you don't want to and there are two other rooms with no formal structure, plus the social area. 

We need this finalised soon to maximise practice and learning time, so I'd at the end of this week we don't have enough concrete suggestions I'll defer to @Bridgehouse and @Alnico and we'll probably just publish a similar list to Leicester but with songs requested here included if they're happy with it.

In other words, speak up or we'll pick! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Might be worth re-tagging everyone with the topic being hidden away in its own 'lil subsection :)
  • LuttiS said:
    Might be worth re-tagging everyone with the topic being hidden away in its own 'lil subsection :)
    I did link to it in the main thread, but I'll do it again. 

I should probably chase up the people that haven't paid yet too! :)

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4610
    Gotcha.
    Nice one Chris.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4610
    LuttiS said:
    I did link to it in the main thread, but I'll do it again. 

I should probably chase up the people that haven't paid yet too! :)
    If you come looking for money from me you'd better have doughnuts in your hand!

(I don't mind paying and I'm essentially a pacifist,.......I'll try anything for extra doughnuts though. :) )

I haven't paid yet.
    I honestly haven't got a clue how to.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • If someone  can sing it, I've been practicing my Travis picking and I'd like to have a go at Fleetwood Mac's "Never Going Back Again" . There's a decent live version with bass and brushes which sounds  pretty good:

• If someone  can sing it, I've been practicing my Travis picking and I'd like to have a go at Fleetwood Mac's "Never Going Back Again" . There's a decent live version with bass and brushes which sounds  pretty good:

I've got a couple that I'd like to do in the acoustic room... Happy to learn songs to sing! 

Just noticed @Legionreturns you've suggested manics song earlier, would love to do some of them :)

Interesting choice in No Surface :)
  • DanjiDanji Frets: 225
    I’m still on the reserve list, but should there be a space for me, I’d happily comp some standards/play some choruses in the acoustic room. 
  • My suggestion earlier in the thread was for 'Alive' by Pearl Jam, but if it's easier to stick to something on the list I'll go with While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

I'll play rhythm on anything else where there's a space to fill if needed, as long as it's not full on metal stuff as I'd be no good at that I think!
  • @Dontgiveupyourdayjob ...Pearl Jam is never a wrong choice! 

• @Legionreturns well that case I'll be Mike McCreedy if you be Stone Gossard for the day!  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    @Dontgiveupyourdayjob ...Pearl Jam is never a wrong choice! 
    Debatable. ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LuttiS said:
    @Dontgiveupyourdayjob ...Pearl Jam is never a wrong choice! 
    Debatable. ;)
    Anybody want a spare ticket? 

• I'm quite interested in the jazzier end of the spectrum, though looking at the chord structures as listed, there are some of the songs which are not exactly what I'm used to.
  • DanjiDanji Frets: 225
    I'm quite interested in the jazzier end of the spectrum, though looking at the chord structures as listed, there are some of the songs which are not exactly what I'm used to.
    @ArchtopDave if I get a ticket (I’m on the waiting list), I’ll happily play some standards with you.