Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Northampton Jam Session - Sunday 3rd December - 1 to 5pm - Events Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Northampton Jam Session - Sunday 3rd December - 1 to 5pm

What's Hot

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 26143

mrkb said:

Theres also a few quid left over for thefretboard coffers. Anyone know the PayPal address?
    admin@thefretboard.co.uk please-and-thank-you!  Or keep it in the bank against the cost of next time??
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    Great way to spend an afternoon all. Anyone reading this and wondering whether to actually come to one of these then the answer is YES - it's great fun and very relaxed. Nobody cares about bum notes. We had a lot of fun.
    Yeah agreed 100% anyone umming and ahhing come and join in :)
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12286
    Bum notes are what make it real.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24559
    impmann said:
    Bum notes are what make it real.
    That's me covered off then :)
    TTony said:

Good to see the Major again too - and the nice extra bits of kit that he brought to tease us with.

:)
    Yes good to meet you Adrian! I hope my guitar playing didn’t put folks off your lovely pedals!! 

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    I forgot to checkout what amps were being played in the main room. What were they? A kemper, katana and ????
    @bridgehouse was Helix into FRFR - KSC?
    was anyone plugged into the PA?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    I forgot to checkout what amps were being played in the main room. What were they? A kemper, katana and ????
    Helix into a QSC k10.2 - mostly the Ampeg SVT model and the GK800 model.

Yes, I had no idea the QSC was that loud..
    My Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (with a Line6 M13 in front of it) - complete with a Tamer from @Danny1969 so that it didn’t drown everyone out.

And at one point we had the Sansamp Flyrig 5 going too.

impmann said:
    My Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (with a Line6 M13 in front of it) - complete with a Tamer from @Danny1969 so that it didn’t drown everyone out.

That Sansamp was brilliant. I now have to go and buy the bass version. Bastard!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    impmann said:

That Sansamp was brilliant. I now have to go and buy the bass version. Bastard!
    They are brilliant things. 

• PabloPablo Frets: 38
    Great way to spend an afternoon all. Anyone reading this and wondering whether to actually come to one of these then the answer is YES - it's great fun and very relaxed. Nobody cares about bum notes. We had a lot of fun.

Kudos to @Pablo for popping his cherry on a pretty hard song (!) 
    I tried! Thanks to @impmann for actually playing Basket Case while I filled in. Thanks to @mrkb for sorting everythng out. I need to have serious think about what to play next time. Something a bit more acheiveable for my “talents”.

To anyone thinking of coming in the future, I can’t recommend it enough. Everyone is friendly, welcoming and forgiving : ) 
  • PabloPablo Frets: 38

Also, bit disappointed my QSC 10.2 was a bit quiet. 

Er...
    I know! It only shook the room we were in, not the one next door. Weak  ;)
    Pablo said:

Er...
    If I'd have turned it up full it would have shook Kettering
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Pablo said:

Er...
    Which wouldn't be a bad thing ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    TTony said:
    Pablo said:

Er...
    Oi!! ;-)

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6038
    tFB Trader
    impmann said:
    TTony said:

Good to see the Major again too - and the nice extra bits of kit that he brought to tease us with.

:)
    Yes good to meet you Adrian! I hope my guitar playing didn’t put folks off your lovely pedals!! 
    nah, not at all. loved the sound of that les paul, those p90s really sang.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2016
    mrkb said:
    Just my Acoustic direct to PA I think?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    spark240 said:
    mrkb said:
    Just my Acoustic direct to PA I think?
    Yep. And very nice it sounded too. Good Preamp in that 
  • PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    TTony said:
    Pablo said:

Er...

I don't know. It could potentially have caused almost a £'s worth of damage ;)
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    I was into the pa at one point. Sounded fine. 
    Thanks everyone by the way. Especially @mrkb for the organisation. It was good fun and nice to meet people again.
    Since then I've had a stressful few hours with broken Internet and problems to deal with at work. Thank god for mobile data! 
    aord43 said:
    Thanks everyone by the way. Especially @mrkb for the organisation. It was good fun and nice to meet people again.
    Since then I've had a stressful few hours with broken Internet and problems to deal with at work. Thank god for mobile data! 
    I think you were through @impmann 's Sansamp Fly? 
    Did @Brocco get to crank the Matchless up to full volume in the other room?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 77
    Thankfully I did get the chance, and even though it is my amp, I have to say it sounded incredible! Feel I have discovered my personal amp/guitar combination sweet spot.Worth attending the jam just for that!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Gorgeous amps.
    Deffo one of my faves.

aord43 said:
    I think you were through @impmann 's Sansamp Fly? 
    Er yes you're right.  But into the PA.  Not direct though, as you said.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4610
    The decision to stay at home yesterday was not taken lightly.

I have Inflammatory Arthritis (What the docs previously thought was Lupus) and to cut a long and boring story short, my legs wouldn't work properly. I did try but I and my Strat fell down one flight at the top of 8 flights of stairs and I took that as a bad sign, so I didn't try the rest. A few of you have been to my place and you'll know what those stairs are like. I can attest to the strength of the new Fender USA Hard cases! The strat is fine. My bruises will go and I'm seeing the doc again this week.

What's not fine is my pride and it's hit me hard this time, to the extent that my closest friends have told me to see a Psych-doctor and I'm not arguing with them.
    If I'm honest I've allowed this to go on for far too long already. I'm not wired up correctly and I'm sick of watching myself short-circuit all the time.

I won't be involved in anything else for the near future. I'll be here most days and I'll still post but until I've got something to show for myself in terms of actual music and some mental health, I'll be over there in the corner where it's dark, trying to work out how the fuck to rewire my head so it'll work properly.

I'm really sorry I let people down again.

When I get back on my feet I'll do what I can.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Alnico said:
    The decision to stay at home yesterday was not taken lightly.

I have Inflammatory Arthritis (What the docs previously thought was Lupus) and to cut a long and boring story short, my legs wouldn't work properly. I did try but I and my Strat fell down one flight at the top of 8 flights of stairs and I took that as a bad sign, so I didn't try the rest. A few of you have been to my place and you'll know what those stairs are like. I can attest to the strength of the new Fender USA Hard cases! The strat is fine. My bruises will go and I'm seeing the doc again this week.

What's not fine is my pride and it's hit me hard this time, to the extent that my closest friends have told me to see a Psych-doctor and I'm not arguing with them.
    If I'm honest I've allowed this to go on for far too long already. I'm not wired up correctly and I'm sick of watching myself short-circuit all the time.

I won't be involved in anything else for the near future. I'll be here most days and I'll still post but until I've got something to show for myself in terms of actual music and some mental health, I'll be over there in the corner where it's dark, trying to work out how the fuck to rewire my head so it'll work properly.

I'm really sorry I let people down again.

When I get back on my feet I'll do what I can.
    You didn't let me down, chap. No need to apologise at all.

Get well soon.

No worries @Alnico - your health should always come first. You didn’t let us down. Concentrate your efforts on getting back to full health.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4610
    Thanks.
    I appreciate the comments.
    I'll do my best.
    All the best @Alnico ;