Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Chris Cornell RIP - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Chris Cornell RIP

What's Hot
shaunmshaunm Frets: 1583
According to the telegraph he has died age 52.

wow, the best voice in grunge has gone. 

What at a shame 
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12286
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5102
    NOOOOOOOOO!

Rip dude, amazing voice, great player.
    One of my heroes. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 453
    Really sad news. A brilliant singer and musician - gonna give Superunknown a blast later
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2295
    Wtf?!

Amazing talent he was. RIP Chris.  :'(
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    What? Shit. 
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4353
    That was unexpected! :open_mouth: 
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 2921
    .. genuinely stunned. What a voice the man had. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4001

Fuck! Well that's put a downer on my day.

Crying shame. An amazing talent. RIP.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Shit, just heard this seconds ago and thought I bet there's a thread.... wow, that really is a shock.  

What a great singer and musician he was, and although I don't like everything he ever recorded, most of it is great and the best of it is utterly brilliant.
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 977
    One of my favorite musicians, I'm shocked!!  :'(
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803

No fucking way!!

Another massive hero of mine. RIP.

:(

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • colourofsoundcolourofsound Frets: 384
    Having trouble coming to terms with this. Soundgarden were absolutely instrumental in my formative years. So gutted.
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Euphoria Morning is one of my top 10 albums - amazing songwriter and incredible singer - he was touring with Soundgarden and Temple of the Dog were doing more gigs too - he was so much more than a grunge guy :( RIP
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Today now officially sucks balls.  
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3178
    edited May 2017
    That's incredibly sad. I loved Audioslave and his voice and that's no age

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    Shit! Best singer I've ever heard live. That's heartbreaking.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 11799
    Oh fuck, what shit news.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Damn!  RIP. 
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    Bloody hell. I was never a fan of Soundgarden, but everything Audioslave did had me rapt from start to finish.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 426
    What!??!
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 2811
    This just can't be real, it's got to be a bad joke.

Gutted if it's true.
    RIP Chris.
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2781
    gutted. 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 10838
    Sad news, such a fantastic voice.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24595
    Stunned .. no words .. :-(

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    Be seeing you.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7749
    Just shocked by this. And gutted. Absolutely gutted.

RIP.

- "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • ChrisRGChrisRG Frets: 55
    Shit! Really gutted. Such an awesome voice.  Saw him solo and acoustic a few years back and it was incredible. Fuck, what a loss. 
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7708
    Sad news.

Cobain, Staley, Weiland and now Cornell :(

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Stunned and shocked.......... Soundgarden have been may favourite band for 25 years and mean so much to me ........ don't know what more to say at the moment