Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). RIP Peter Sarstedt - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

RIP Peter Sarstedt

What's Hot
Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2394
Another name from the sixties gone. A very decent singer, he got a lot of mileage out of "Where do you go to my lovely?". RIP.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• RIP.

One of three brothers... all of whom had chart hits.

I wonder how many remember his follow up hit... without looking it up on Wiki?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SRichSRich Frets: 751
    This Fantastic Day......Or somesuch.

RIP Mr Sarstedt

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4697
    Frozen Orange Juice - the better song, for me.  RIP.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • @Nitefly ... bang on.

@SRich... very close... I think the lyric goes something like... I'll buy you one more frozen orange juice on this fantastic day.

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 3950
    Nitefly said:
    A new one on me but I liked that a lot.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4697
    Grunfeld said:
    Nitefly said:
    A new one on me but I liked that a lot.

@GrunfeldGood, isn't it? You can almost feel the sun on your back!
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6565
    tFB Trader
    Jimbro66 said:
    Another name from the sixties gone. A very decent singer, he got a lot of mileage out of "Where do you go to my lovely?". RIP.
    Nice tune but the lyrics are those of a stalker.
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5721
    I vaguely remember that song, but I thought it was by Cat Stevens for some reason.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3464
    RIP Peter.

His brother Richard (Eden Kane, quite a few hits in the '60's ) went to my old Grammar school.
  • Jimbro66 said:
    Not sure about that @SteveRobinson, I interpret it as a friend from childhood wondering what happened  to the girl who went off and joined the  European jetset/social elite.  Anyway, quite a nice song.
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6460
    Jimbro66 said:
    Not sure about that @SteveRobinson, I interpret it as a friend from childhood wondering what happened  to the girl who went off and joined the  European jetset/social elite.  Anyway, quite a nice song.
    Popularly thought to be based on the life of a French actress but I remember him saying in an interview many years later that it wasn't based on anything other than whimsy.