Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). RIP George Michael - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Comments

• WTF
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 5837
    Last Christmas.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • d8md8m Frets: 2430
     :o 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4697
    Blimey - "peacefully at home",according to the beeb.

RIP.
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 2983
    Fuck me.  My missus absolutely adores George. 

Seriously one of the best live voices I've ever heard.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6806
    edited December 2016 tFB Trader
    WHAT?! :-(
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • Fuckin ell!
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1170
    Wow.....same age as me!!
  • Well it was!! 
    Seriously though, has any one heard of a year when so many stars have died?
     Guy was talented that's for sure, and younger than I am, frightening. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    That came out of nowhere

RIP
    Stop crying, start buying
  • d8md8m Frets: 2430
    edited December 2016
    RIP 

• Shit, can't believe that. MrsTheWeary has no interest in 99.9% of celebrities but she loved a bit of George. Bloody hell, only just older than me. On Christmas Day. Bloody bloody bloody. I'm quite shaken by that. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • My Sister was a massive Wham fan, so I pretty much had Wham as a soundtrack to my childhood. RIP
  • Jeez, we were only talking about him earlier when we were discussing Christmas songs. 53....

He was undeniably very talented - really quite shocked by this.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    JezWynd said:
    Last Christmas.
    :(

I was just listening to that a couple of hours ago too. Wonderful voice.

RIP

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• ChalkyChalky Frets: 6460
    Almost unbelievable  :o
  • 53, ffs.

RIP
  • Wow, this is getting almost unbelievable. So young too. R.I.P.
    And they said that in our time, all that's good will fall from grace, even Saints would turn their face, in our time.
  • Died peacefully at home at lunchtime? Was he ill?

scary stuff

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7236
    Shocked!!  Any details of what caused it?  2016 has been a hell of a year. 
  • With Prince going this year and now George Michael, two of the first singers I remember listening to in the 80's have both died in a relatively short time.  Hearing Faith and Raspberry Beret when I was about 5 years old on the radio are two of my earliest musical memories. 

RIP George, thanks for the tunes and for the memories. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11229
    This one is a shock...RIP George.
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2008
    Blimey!!, he was a talented singer. 53 is no age at all! RIP George

I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • Cannot think of a worse year for muso deaths
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    I always liked him.  So young...  WTF is going on with 2016 ?  The number of celebrity deaths is insane.
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
  • This stopped me in my tracks first time I watched it:

• IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6806
    edited December 2016 tFB Trader
    This year...
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. No. I hate 2016. I hate it. I fucking hate it. 
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4610
    Fuck this year !
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7086

I wasn't really a fan, but this is what I shall remember most - a great performance.

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter