Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). What is the purpose of Frets/points/badges? - Help & Feedback Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

What is the purpose of Frets/points/badges?

What's Hot
what is the purpose of accumulating frets/points and badges? Is there any benefit?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    No
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    I use them at Waitrose.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    edited October 2016
    It's a race. You're losing.
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    The original idea was to have something other than post count, and to enable the forum to self-rate a bit.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7236
    Apparently, I'm mostly wise, a bit funny, but not particularly impressive....

My wife would disagree with the 'wise' part....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I have 20 FB identities and vote solely for myself. I still have not appeared in the Top 5
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TheMarlin said:

Same here. But, being a bit paranoid, I suspect most of my LOL's are people laughing 'at' me, not 'with' me.

It's not a competition.
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    TheMarlin said:

Same here. But, being a bit paranoid, I suspect most of my LOL's are people laughing 'at' me, not 'with' me.

Must resist....
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    Who are the most fretful members then?
  • I haven't checked, but I can pretty much guarantee that ICBM's in the top spot. I'd hazard a guess that RandomHandClaps and Drew are in the next two spots.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I wis stalk ICBM.
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SRichSRich Frets: 751
    octatonic said:
    I use them at Waitrose.
    Ahhhh, now I see, it's a Loyalty Scheme............. ;)

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
  • SRich said:
    octatonic said:
    I use them at Waitrose.
    ICBM gets his shopping free every week because he has so many wisdoms.  
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    I'm going to guess that most "wow" use is ironic now that we don't have facepalms.

As in 'wow you are a knobhead'
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    I'm going to guess that most "wow" use is ironic now that we don't have facepalms.

As in 'wow you are a knobhead'
    492 people can't be wrong...
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    edited October 2016
    Every fret adds an extra milimeter to your dilz.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24339
    They're a vital measure of my self-worth.... Never let anyone tell you they don't matter.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22443
    I haven't checked, but I can pretty much guarantee that ICBM's in the top spot. I'd hazard a guess that RandomHandClaps and Drew are in the next two spots.
    Me and @Emp_Fab are the top two facepalmers as well.
  • Drew_TNBD said:
    I haven't checked, but I can pretty much guarantee that ICBM's in the top spot. I'd hazard a guess that RandomHandClaps and Drew are in the next two spots.
    *sigh*

There you go, always dredging up the past... :D
    <space for hire>
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    randomhandclaps has more frets than me. I had to check too, I never normally pay any attention to them. (Really - I had no idea how many I had.)

Drew_TNBD said:

I miss the facepalms. I had quite a good collection.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 10901
    tFB Trader
    SRich said:
    octatonic said:
    I use them at Waitrose.
    Do they have Waitrose in Scotland?

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22443
    Drew_TNBD said:
    *sigh*

There you go, always dredging up the past... :D
    You can't stump the Emp!!
  • SRich said:
    octatonic said:
    I use them at Waitrose.
    I don't know to be honest.
    bingefeller said:

Yes, but only in posh parts of it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    There are posh parts of Scotsland?
    Sporky said:
    Sort of. You can usually tell because they provide chairs in the bars, so the people don't fall over when they're pissed.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBM said:
    bingefeller said:

Yes, but only in posh parts of it.
    Iike Glasgow?
    ICBM said:
    Sporky said:
    Sort of. You can usually tell because they provide chairs in the bars, so the people don't fall over when they're pissed.
    Ah - so like Edinburgh, but in Scotland?