Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Arturia mini synth - Other Instruments Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Arturia mini synth

What's Hot
Has anyone got or used this?

https://www.arturia.com/products/analog-classics/mini-v/overview

It sounds freaking awesome in the demos and might be the answer to my moog synth GAS, which can't happen due to space...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• No space for a Moog? GET A BIGGER SPACE. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • No space for a Moog? GET A BIGGER SPACE. 
    Lol, Baby number 2 is taking my space :(

They actually do a collection of classic synths for the same price... very, very, tempted..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Our baby number two is due in 6 days. Got my purchases in early! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Wisdom!

Ours is due 26th. 

Ye gods. 
  • Expect late night posts then
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Has anyone got or used this?

https://www.arturia.com/products/analog-classics/mini-v/overview

It sounds freaking awesome in the demos and might be the answer to my moog synth GAS, which can't happen due to space...
    yep, I have the whole vintage synth pack, it's pretty good
  • @jonnygreentrees Do you have version 4 or 5? Are you locked into a version then have to pay to upgrade? Bit fed up of that system due to Native Instruments, but sometimes products are worth it..
  • jonnygreentreesjonnygreentrees Frets: 654
    edited September 2016
    OK let's just say my friend is locked into a system whereby he downloaded it from the Pirate Bay so didn't pay for it.... I think he has version 4
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    I have the V4 collection. The Mini sounds great, however I prefer NI Monark personally. My favourite from the Arturia collection is the Sem. You do have to pay for upgrades, I haven't felt the need so far as I still haven't got the most out of what I've already got. Also I got a good deal on it about six months before V5 came out. If you like (soft) synths it is a no brainer!
  • I downloaded their free Minmoog plugin a while ago, and it's a massive memory hog! Just having the interface open uses a ridiculous amount of memory. I had to stop using it in the end.
     I demoed their CS80 plugin too and as a CS60 owner, I didn't think it sounded anything like the real thing.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    I downloaded their free Minmoog plugin a while ago, and it's a massive memory hog! Just having the interface open uses a ridiculous amount of memory. I had to stop using it in the end.
     I demoed their CS80 plugin too and as a CS60 owner, I didn't think it sounded anything like the real thing.

What kind of machine were you running it on LM? I had the free version for a while and ran it ok on quite modest computers.
  • Mine's an iMac 9.1, an early 2009 machine, with 8GB RAM.
     It *really* doesn't like the Arturia Minimoog plugin, but is fine with the GForce one, even in poly mode.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....