Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). TC Electronics Mimiq Doubler pedal - FX Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

TC Electronics Mimiq Doubler pedal

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I quite liked the sound of it until I heard the Instagram video. Thought it sounded best on the higher solo notes though
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1602
    JohnPerry said:
    Gimiq
    ...but I do appear to have bought one.

Not here yet. Tore's clean demo worked for me

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JohnPerry said:
    JohnPerry said:
    Gimiq
    ...but I do appear to have bought one.

Not here yet. Tore's clean demo worked for me
    Nice one! When it turns up, could you try it after distortion (preferably in stereo mode) and see how well it works? That's my main curiosity, because my signal path would become way too convoluted to have it straight after the guitar (although I can see that's how it's supposed to be used).
    <space for hire>
    yep. Might be back end of next week though - coming from Prymaxe

Spent a half-hour or so with this Mimiq. Rather good in stereo. Can't see much point in mono - just muddies the waters. I also can't see it's doing anything other than flinging a slightly delayed signal to one side of the stereo pair. But there must be some trickery going on (as indeed TC say) - because it definitely IS more effective than when you try to fake double tracking in your DAW by panning two identical tracks left and right and nudging one forward a touch.

Equally good with clean and dirt btw.

I need more time with it, but as a simple stereo doubler it seems pretty good...certainly gives a big stereo image

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 3696
    edited August 2023
    Bumping this necrothread!

I bought an SE Hollowbody II earlier this year which has twin outputs for the mag and piezo pickups. I've been enjoying playing it through a stereo rig at home, but it springs to mind that sending one of the outputs into a doubler like the Mimiq or similar might give a 'better' (/different) effect at doubled-guitar parts than simply having the exact same playing, timing, and micropitch coming through two very different amp tones.   Does anyone know if this is possible? The stereo I/O leads to think/hope that it might be...

(Note: I send both pickup outputs down separate signal paths anyway)

*edit* scratch that, I might be overcomplicating it - couldn't I just send one of the pickup outputs into the Mimiq, then run a 100% wet output into that remaining signal path? 
  • Bumping this necrothread!

I bought an SE Hollowbody II earlier this year which has twin outputs for the mag and piezo pickups. I've been enjoying playing it through a stereo rig at home, but it springs to mind that sending one of the outputs into a doubler like the Mimiq or similar might give a 'better' (/different) effect at doubled-guitar parts than simply having the exact same playing, timing, and micropitch coming through two very different amp tones.   Does anyone know if this is possible? The stereo I/O leads to think/hope that it might be...

(Note: I send both pickup outputs down separate signal paths anyway)

*edit* scratch that, I might be overcomplicating it - couldn't I just send one of the pickup outputs into the Mimiq, then run a 100% wet output into that remaining signal path? 
    Yes, send one pickup output through the Mimiq and run it with the wet at least as high as the dry. I don't really get the point of the stereo path on the full-sized Mimiq tbh, as the effect only works on one channel anyway. I switched down to a Mini Mimiq and greatly enjoy using it with my dual rig that uses different outputs and effects paths. I'm not usually a fan of digital effects, but the Mimiq adds a certain... something and sense of thickness without having to switch on another boost or gain, and helps my power trio sound pretty huge. The only thing I'm not fan of is the harshness of the processed signal if you whack it all the way up. Float it at around 8 out of 10 to get the best results.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    I got a mini for £29 as a punt in a blowout. It's always on in my solo boost loop now, after a cocked wah thing. Sounds positively deranged. I later bought another at that price as a backup
  • Neat, I might give one a try then - thanks chaps!