Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Wizard retiring... - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Wizard retiring...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mike257mike257 Frets: 363
    Just found out about this - I've got a set of pickups from Andy in one of my basses and had always planned on going back to him when I got the time/cash to finish a couple of project guitars I've got here.  Top bloke and great service, and his pickups transformed a bass that was only staying around on sentimental value (my first bass, a Squier P-Special) into a gigging machine that got almost as much playtime as my 'nice' basses.  Hope he enjoys a well earned retirement!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I bought a Bulldog pickup 2nd hand off this forum, and it was excellent. Spoke via email with Hayden a couple of times and he was never less than extremely helpful and knowledgable.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 4636
    No one's mentioned Shed Pickups yet...?
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1790
    Ah yes of course. I had a set of his supernaturals and they were great. I only sold them recently cos I wanted to wire the out of phase via a push pull etc. which you can with them :(
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    There's also Sidewynder in Scotland - I tested a couple of their pre-production models a few years ago but I haven't heard a lot about them since. They're good pickups - very modern-voiced, which might not be flavour of the month at the moment - but unfortunately rather poorly marketed.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5698
    I bought a Bulldog pickup 2nd hand off this forum, and it was excellent. Spoke via email with Hayden a couple of times and he was never less than extremely helpful and knowledgable.

Agreed. When I ordered from him, he actually listened to what I wanted and nailed the tone exactly. I used the Jackson with the Bulldog through a Laney Practice amp at a Jam on Saturday and it sounded absolutely fantastic.
    As I've said before, thoroughly recommended

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• exocetexocet Frets: 1865
    That's a real shame, I have a set of Ozones which I really rate....for me I prefer them to Fralin Blues Specials and Lollar Dirty Blackface. I was eyeing up their "Revellation" set for my new Strat build but alas it looks like I'm too late. :(
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2781
    I had some wizard pickups for a strat, bought here, err well that "other place". They were wonderfull, nuff respect to the guy. We are pretty lucky i reckon to have these cool guys handwinding a various choice of quality pickups. Obviously wizard was a pioneer but iv got a set of Oil City pickups (cowtrons) and a set of Mojos golden foils , just amazing quality and sounds on tap.
    These guys will be by first port of call everytime i want new pickups, very happy to support uk guys. ;)
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1790
    edited August 2013
    Oops
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7086
    so who's the go-to guy for repairs/rewinds now ?

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister