Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). FB emails going to Junk mail (OSX Mail) - Help & Feedback Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

FB emails going to Junk mail (OSX Mail)

Since forever all noreply@thefretboard.co.uk notifications are being sent to Junk Mail in OSX Mail. No matter what I do they are treated as junk. I've tried marking them as not Junk, setting up a rule to move them to a folder to no avail.

If I go to my ISP's webmail (Virgin media) they are showing up at all, so I can't flag them up as not being spam.

Anyone have any ideas what's up? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 2922
    I have the same problem. I have set a rule in Google Mail to never send msgs from that address to Spam.

I suspect this is something for the site admins to sort out. Sending mail from arbitrary VPS-hosted servers is a difficult thing these days.

R.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    It's something I thought I'd sorted out, but I think I'm going to have to muck with the DNS again. I don't like doing that, because it's something of a dark art and can go very badly wrong.

Probably in the next week or two.
    <space for hire>
    Am happy to help out - I've done quite a bit of this sort of thing in the past.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    At this point, I've done everything I can with the server config; the only thing left to do is put a proper SPF record together. Need to get the DNS moved first, though, because the current registrar's DNS hosting breaks every time we try to make a change...hence having left it for so long.
    <space for hire>
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    I've not had the same problem, though I have had them auto-flagging, which is a bit odd. I can't remember if I set that up as a rule to stop them sorting to spam or if it's just happened by accident.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    Mine never come through, even though I've got a rule set up.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

At this point, I've done everything I can with the server config; the only thing left to do is put a proper SPF record together. Need to get the DNS moved first, though, because the current registrar's DNS hosting breaks every time we try to make a change...hence having left it for so long.
    Yeah, you really need SPF.

I can recommend dnsmadeeasy.com for DNS hosting - they're inexpensive but very good.

R.
  • masslessmassless Frets: 24
    It's something I thought I'd sorted out, but I think I'm going to have to muck with the DNS again. I don't like doing that, because it's something of a dark art and can go very badly wrong.

Probably in the next week or two.
    It'd be great if you can figure out a solution. Ta!