Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Birmingham People - Personnel Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Birmingham People

What's Hot
thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9128
edited December 2016 in Personnel
Hi all

I'm getting a bit bored with music again so thought maybe trying to organise a jam or two might be the best remedy. I'm in Birmingham, live in Bournville but can travel about. If there's anybody interested we could arrange a jam or two at a rehearsal room or something?

I obviously play guitar, if the rehearsal room has PA I could play keys (I don't have a keyboard amp) and I can sing to an extent.

I like the following styles:

White Stripes, Strokes etc type Indie
Velvet Underground type stuff
Moody dark bluesey stuff like the Doors and the Dead Weather
Jeff Buckley type stuff
Maybe standard blues

Let me know if you are interested
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Boing boing Birmingham bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SheldersShelders Frets: 19
    Hi

Might be interested in this. Never played in a band but might be a good entry point. I'm a alright when I practice regularly. 

I'm more into heavier stuff but don't mind learning some indie stuff. Might be able to get a bassist As well if I can pry him away from his family long enough!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    I'm not in Brum but I am about 45 mins away if you are doing this on the south side of town.
    I'm mostly interested in drumming now but I'm a decent guitarist too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2016
    Mmm...will keep an eye on this, Im i walsall

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • SheldersShelders Frets: 19
    Sounds like we've got two guitarists, keys/vocals and a drummer so far.
    I can do BV's as well.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8281
    If we endeavored to play "Mojo Pin" well, I'd be up for playing any instrument in this thing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Wow this has escalated quickly! Sounds promising....

@shelders my list of stuff was only really a guide, im not too bossy about what to play apart from insisting on Buckley's Mojo Pin so that we can make sure we get @Cirrus in with his collection of Peruvian noseflutes ;) 

Let's do this chaps

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • @Shelders @octatonic @spark240 @Cirrus I'm away on holiday next week but thought I'd dramatically tag you all to see if we might be able to arrange something in the weeks thereafter? What say ye all?
  • Any of you crazy cats fancy the open mic night at the Roundhouse in Stirchley Monday night?
  • Going to have to renege on all of this now I'm afraid as I don't really think I'll be up to this nor really have the time to join anything for a while I'm afraid. Apologies but feel free to organise stuff between yourselves
  • Why the change mate ?
  • Just not really got the time coming up I think, and just getting quite frustrated with the instrument in general so probably for the best. 
    Don't be silly. I had this plan that you were all going to learn my songs and we were going to go on Jools Holland. We'd know we'd made it when there was a thread on here about how bad we are.
  • I'm not sure Jools is of sufficient size for all of us to go on him at the same time
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    You've met me, I'm a pretty slender guy as are you.
    If it is any consolation I have 2 bands on the go at the moment so not sure I'd have been able to make it regularly.
  • That's ok, was probably a bit ambitious in any case :)
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9128
    edited December 2016
    I'm a necromancer. Anybody doing anything Friday evening? Fancy getting a rehearsal room somewhere in brum? Or Saturday morning/lunchtime?
    I'd usually have been well up for this, but I'm really keen to get my album finished and Friday eve/ Saturday is prime mixing time in Robannas as there's rarely loud bands practicing near my room.
  • That's no problem my friend just thought worth an ask.

Does anybody else fancy going to Robannas to make a racket to put off that nice Mr @Cirrus from his mixing?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    DDAAARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!    :p :o
  • I keep thinking I should put my son's name in the hat for this. He is looking to expand his horizons and gain more experience ie play with people other than the same couple of people at college. Depends a bit how needy you were for a bassist. He's more of a song learner rather than a jammer I'd say. They've been covering and recording stuff by bands like The Kooks and The Hives. Wouldn't be tomorrow morning though. 
    Anyway, something to be borne in mind  =)
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • I'm a phenomenal bassist (the UKs version on les Claypool says my mum.) 
    So would happily come and make you all feel really inadequate if you do choose to go for this again. 
  • Anybody fancy this any time soon? Cheers
  • I'm up for it, jammed for first time ever recently and although I was terrible it was thoroughly enjoyable.
  • Good man @Shelders sounds good to me. Think we only really need a third person then we can look at getting some room booked!
  • DanDan Frets: 429
    How have I not seen this thread?

I would be up for something....
  • Dan said:
    How have I not seen this thread?

I would be up for something....
    Good man, sounds good as we now have a trio - I thought I'd tagged you in it before to be honest but it appears I sadly did not. You're here now :) 
  • I'm free for jams on Monday nights but no other times I'm afraid. Based in Bromsgrove.