Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Composition Challenge #1 "Malian Desert Blues" - Making Music Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Composition Challenge #1 "Malian Desert Blues"

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• I'd love to have a go at this but have no means of recording apart from my phone. Are there any recommended simple PC based recording solutions? I have FL studio software but nothing so I can plug a guitar into it. The cheaper the better. Cheers Kelvin
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Audacity is free and will do simple multi-track recording.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    About the cheapest are old line 6 guitar ports.  Have a search on ebay.

There is quite a range of newer stuff but you'll spend more money.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Thanks chaps. I'd like something nicer down the road but just need something cheap and functional for now. Cheers. Kelvin
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Even a simple USB Mic into Audacity will work for rough ideas :) I've got a pod studio UX2 and a mic, which is working nicely to be honest, but others have had decent results with USB mics.

• Excellent @ThePrettyDamned I'm trawling ebay for options now. Thanks again chaps. Kelvin
  • Beringer c1u perhaps, but it's still a fair whack of cash at 50 quid new. Good luck hunting!
  • 2 weeks left before the dealine people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Old Is Gold
  • Only 1 week to go people!
    Old Is Gold
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1221
    This was a good laugh. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. Good luck boys!

@Antique_guitars, did you get my entry?
  • Branshen said:
    This was a good laugh. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. Good luck boys!

@Antique_guitars, did you get my entry?
    I certainly did! Very cool indeed! Also I have to say I love your photo :-)
    Old Is Gold
  • Quick little silly video showing the EHX pedal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fErwC3SDenw&feature=youtu.be
    Old Is Gold
  • I'm going to record something tonight, but I doubt it'll sound much good as my reaper free trial ran out (can't afford it yet) and I won't be able to turn the amp up at all.

But I'll do something that smells vaguely of the blues.
  • davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    attaboy get it done!
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1239
    I'm going to record something tonight, but I doubt it'll sound much good as my reaper free trial ran out (can't afford it yet) and I won't be able to turn the amp up at all.

'First World' problems, eh?   ;)

I'm sure it'll turn out all right.

Here's a bit of perspective/inspiration...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnwEzvm_rH8&list=PLA26C7201B2EBD340

At least Tinariwen could turn up loud without annoying the neighbours!
    :D
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1221
    Let's do Indian swing in a 5/4 time signature next!
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1239

Branshen said:
    I vote Welsh gamelan.
    :P
  • Branshen said:
    :-) lol sounds interesting, the mods are coming up with the next challenge so we shall see what they suggest.
    Old Is Gold
  • steamabacus;184081" said:
    ThePrettyDamned said:

I'm going to record something tonight, but I doubt it'll sound much good as my reaper free trial ran out (can't afford it yet) and I won't be able to turn the amp up at all.

'First World' problems, eh?   ;)

I'm sure it'll turn out all right.

Here's a bit of perspective/inspiration...

At least Tinariwen could turn up loud without annoying the neighbours!

:D
    Worse than that, I thought I was working 7-3 but it's not, its 7-8.

Money, yes. But no record :( day off tomorrow. When is this piece of homework due, Sir?
  • This Saturday by midnight chief.
    Old Is Gold
  • Less than 48 hours to go!
    Old Is Gold
  • Less than 24 hours remaining!
    Old Is Gold
  • Done, and sent to the FBchallenge e-mail address from the OP. Did it get through?
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • Yep got it thanks, I can't check if it's working till I get home though rock and roll
    Old Is Gold
  • @littlegreenman good job and nice photo!
    Old Is Gold
  • Antique_GuitarsAntique_Guitars Frets: 1165
    edited March 2014
    Old Is Gold