Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Fretboard mug - Other Reviews Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Fretboard mug

What's Hot
Well it arrived today in its lovely box. Once exposed to the light is almost glistened in its whiteness, and a blue fretboard logo on the side. When performance tested it passed with flying colours!! Mug is nicely balanced, not too heavy and no rough sharp bits. Highly recommended. R
12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Technically, this review breaks our guidelines of the reviewer having to have owned the reviewed item for 3 months.

Rules.

Pah.

Get a mugs here ...

Review was a bit light on pics though, so here's one we made earlier
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    I'd like to hear some sound clips.

Also a bit of information on whether it works for all genres of hot drinks, or if, like a Kramer guitar, it is built just for coffee. I mean hard rock.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • rolls1392rolls1392 Frets: 229
    Did the review as I am chuffed with it. Sound clips? Its ring a bit sharp the. Rules? What rules? Rebel without a clue me!!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Sporky said:
    Also a bit of information on whether it works for all genres of hot drinks, or if, like a Kramer guitar, it is built just for coffee. I mean hard rock.
    Not just hot drinks ... any temperature of drink.  

And not just drinks ... imagine eating your cornflakes out of one of these.  Or your scrambled eggs.  

This thing is more flexible than Miss BendyLegs whilst also being not-at-all Bendy.

I did think about having a "most innovative use for a theFB mug" competition, but bearing in mind the track record of some of our members, decided that such a compo probably wouldn't be sensible.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Any temperature of drink, you say.

*sits back and sips his frosty LNox*
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Sporky said:
    Any temperature of drink, you say.

*sits back and sips his frosty LNox*
    Only you are cool enough to be able to drink that ...
    The mug's stuck to my tongue now.  :(
  • It looks good, but I think I'm more of a vintage tFB mug type person.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    I can confirm that it successfully holds urine.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2426
    Does it stack well with other mugs? ;-)

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3819
    Guilty.
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5750
    octatonic said:
    I can confirm that it successfully holds urine.

Brilliant, a Mug that takes the Piss ;-)
    And they said that in our time, all that's good will fall from grace, even Saints would turn their face, in our time.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5750
    The Mug is now Christened with Tea of perfect strength and choice accompaniments.

~O)
    And they said that in our time, all that's good will fall from grace, even Saints would turn their face, in our time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • rprrpr Frets: 302
    Are left handed versions available?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    Given the surprisingly vast response you can get on here if you mention coffee I'm hoping that next will be The Fretboard espresso cup. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    You can use it upside down for that cool Hendrix / wet feet vibe. 
    rpr said:
    Are left handed versions available?

I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 861
    Nice, love to see a CS heavy relic version.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4843
    Pity there is not a matching plate....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Rocker said:
    Pity there is not a matching plate....
    tea-towels?
    cushion covers??
    branded soaps???

;)
    How about a theFretBoard ready-reckoner?

It could cover selection of amplifiers and pickups, relationship advice, should I go to A&E... so much rich discussion that could be condensed into three pieces of thin card joined in the middle with a cheap brass rivet.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8108
    Given the surprisingly vast response you can get on here if you mention coffee I'm hoping that next will be The Fretboard espresso cup. 
    Yes please.  I'll have two
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • ChéChé Frets: 302
    Did some-one say coffee?
  • Ché said:
    Did some-one say coffee?

No, we are British, we drink tea and that's it. 
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2273
    edited October 2016 tFB Trader
    I definitely think we should have cappuccino cups and saucers next, not the buckets that Costa use but slightly more dainty ones that Starbucks have. 

We are still European, for the moment anyway so coffee is the drink or wine. 

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

• frankieMARTfrankieMART Frets: 39
    edited October 2016
    Question on the logo - are we moving the website design to reflect the new logo? If so, any ideas when?
  • CatthanCatthan Frets: 306
    Are these still going? I'm late but I'd have one if poss..
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1681

Are they dishwasher safe?

I'd like one for work as someone has stolen my 99p Tesco mug (I bet it's the transport chap but he's bigger than me so I daren't accuse him)

I was bidding on a JoBo mug on ebay but the deal fell through at the last minute (seller was a time waster) so this could be perfect.

• Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    gubble said:

Are they dishwasher safe?

I'd like one for work as someone has stolen my 99p Tesco mug (I bet it's the transport chap but he's bigger than me so I daren't accuse him)

I was bidding on a JoBo mug on ebay but the deal fell through at the last minute (seller was a time waster) so this could be perfect.

The mugs I print on are sold as dishwasher safe, havent had any reports of issues so far.
    Catthan said:
    Are these still going? I'm late but I'd have one if poss..
    I think @TTony would prefer to do them in batches. The smallest so far has been around 10 but as more people buy them and the demand slows, he might agree to do smaller runs.

The best place to post is in this thread

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1236639/#Comment_1236639

Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• rolls1392rolls1392 Frets: 229
    Got my mug in June
    Has had much time in the dishwasher.
    No fading whatsoever!!!
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 2921
    edited October 2016

Mrs Mudslide made me a nice pretend cappuccino in the pod machine with some choccy sprinkles. Much better in the FB mug than ever before. The only upgrade on this would be a vintage model. I have pre-empted this by buying two - one to use and one to keep NOS for the investment.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"