Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). WTB Television, Cambridgeshire - Misc £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

WTB Television, Cambridgeshire

Our faithful old CRT television seems to be on the way out :(

Something of a long shot (I'll try Gumtree and Freecycle too, but thought it might be worth an ask here) does anyone local-ish to me in Cambs have an old (but working!) TV they would like to sell? I wondered if maybe someone was replacing their old CRT with one of those fancy flat jobs for Christmas...

Ideally a 20" screen (or bigger is fine) - save yourself a trip to the tip, and I'll collect it and cross your palm with a tenner at the same time :)

Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Try the charity shops perhaps? British Heart Foundation took our old Sony CRT when we got fed up of storing it in a dusty corner.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1525
    I'm not local (Sutton, Surrey) but I've got a Toshiba 21" CRT with stand which you are very welcome to have if you want it. 
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
  • dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 179
    @TTony thanks - unfortunately over our way, virtually none of the charity shops resell electricals. I think there's one or two in the centre of Cambridge that do, so next time I'm down there I'll have a look.

@siremoon thank you very much, that's enormously kind of you :) (and funnily enough, ours is a Toshiba too). Unfortunately, I've got no sensible way to get over to anywhere near you, but I really appreciate the thought - thank you.

• siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1525
    You're very welcome.  Hope you manage to get something sorted locally :)
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    Go to emmaus (A10) or there's one on mill road in Cambridge
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2890
    I haven't got a tv unfortunately mate, but I'll keep my ears open for you. Facebook pages are brilliant for this sort of thing.
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    edited December 2013
    There's one here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/306026505087?__user=549530002

oh sorry derr-brain me, it's a tv stand. Soz
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
    edited December 2013
    @viz thanks - I do love Emmaus, it's just a bit pricey to drive my car down there (I have a bit of a daft motor for a man of slender means :) ). I'll certainly pop in the next time I'm passing :)

@bidley that's very kind mate - much appreciated, thank you :)

• bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 590
    A work colleague has a 27" (gonna check) CRT that works perfect but she just upgraded to a flat screen so prob taking over the tip.
    Trouble is based in S Ockendon, Essex about 60 miles from you.

Can find out more info if it helps you out.

Cheers
    Baz

bazxkr said:
    A work colleague has a 27" (gonna check) CRT that works perfect but she just upgraded to a flat screen so prob taking over the tip.
    Trouble is based in S Ockendon, Essex about 60 miles from you.

Can find out more info if it helps you out.

Cheers
    Baz

Thanks Baz. I really appreciate the offer, but I think I'm too far away for it to be a go-er.

Thanks very much though - very kind of you to mention it :)

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3532
    Not sure if it helps but I did just that and treated my teenage boys to flat screen bobbins in the sales. So I have a CRT set and digital box. About 22" or more at a guess.

Free to a good home. 

I'm along the A14 toward Ipswich though.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    ESBlonde said:
    Not sure if it helps but I did just that and treated my teenage boys to flat screen bobbins in the sales. So I have a CRT set and digital box. About 22" or more at a guess.

Free to a good home. 

I more or less pass you, on my journey further West along the A14 it that helps @dchwhite.  Not sure whether 22" of CRT TV would fit in my rather small-booted car though ??
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    ESBlonde said:

Free to a good home. 

Thank you so much for offering, but I think if you're out Ipswich way, unfortunately you would be too far away for me to be able to get to you sensibly.

And @TTony your offer is help is much appreciated too - thank you - but I really wouldn't want to put you (or anyone else) out in my search.

Thank you both very much, though - it's very kind of you :)