Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Make a million £ - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Make a million £

What's Hot
ftumchftumch Frets: 673
Ok so l have a idea, I'm gonna share it with you and together we can fill in the gaps. Stage 1. Get a million things. Stage 2. Sell them for £1 each. Ill admit it needs fleshing out a bit but as a basic idea I think it's solid. It has room for movement for example Stage 1. Get 500,000 things Stage 2. Sell them for £2 each. Lets go megaminds
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3275
    I'm game. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ftumchftumch Frets: 673
    Deijavoo said:
    I'm game. 

Ok this is taking off already! This idea is solid gold!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Break a phone into a million pieces, each of which is a microphone. Sell the cheap microphones for a tenner each and make a lot more than a million.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 14862
    I heard recently of a fool proof scheme to make a million from horse breeding. Only catch is it requires start up funds of 2 million.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

edited August 2013
    Bluesky thinking guys I like it, remember there's no such thing as a bad idea in here, except maybe those two. Vim can you lend me £2m?
    did I used to work for you?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
    It's not even funny how easy this would be to do! Think about it. Something thats worth £1 is basically something most people would throw away. So assuming you went round and gathered up all the shit people are going to throw away, you could actually do this. The time and effort involved would be massive of course but hey, you wanna be a millionare, you gotta work.
    edited August 2013

It's not even funny how easy this would be to do! Think about it. Something thats worth £1 is basically something most people would throw away. So assuming you went round and gathered up all the shit people are going to throw away, you could actually do this. The time and effort involved would be massive of course but hey, you wanna be a millionare, you gotta work.

EXACTLY! It's really not as stupid as it first sounds is it. Ok maybe a bit stupid, but it has merit.
  • spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
    @ftumch, not at all. You should go on the Apprentice.
    edited August 2013
    @ftumch, not at all. You should go on the Apprentice.

I'd rather lose a gonad in a shredding mishap
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    Offer to wash someone's car for ten pence. They would be a fool to refuse so you will have a limitless supply of customers. 
    Simply wash ten million cars and voila. 
    edited August 2013
    monquixote;9642" said:
    Offer to wash someone's car for ten pence. They would be a fool to refuse so you will have a limitless supply of customers. Simply wash ten million cars and voila. 
    I like it but I live in slough and fear I may be wearing concrete shoes and sleeping with the fishes if I step into the polish mafias territory. There's a car wash every other shop here. Lots of very clean cars though. They must ALL be millionaires cos they charge £5!
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24595

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    edited August 2013
    Ok what can you get in massive quantities for free or next to free?
    Fretwired said:

Hmm that gives me an idea, how many actual internets are there? One right? That took off quite well didn't it, can we make another one? A whole new Internet, but exclusive with properly policed content and security.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7159
    tell you one thing you can get for free that everyone in the whole damn world needs; water. But there's no way you'll ever convince anyone to pay you for it :-S

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7159
  • Shave Robert Smith's head, place each strand in a small vessel of fluid and sell as goth pheromone - bam - quids in.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • VimFuego said:
    tell you one thing you can get for free that everyone in the whole damn world needs; water. But there's no way you'll ever convince anyone to pay you for it :-S
    Try telling that to Thames Water
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • 1. Start with £2m
    2. Spend a short time in the music business

... you'll have your £1m soon after
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Get a tardis and buy London property in 1979 ish. The prices now means that an affordable townhouse in 1979 will now sell to a rich southern European for 1,5 easily. People pay more than a million to live in hackney ffs.
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    buy a 3.5million cigarettes, put ten of them on an ants back - sell each cigarette for 5p each.

each time you sell a cigarette the ant becomes a cigarette lighter - which you can sell for £1 for three.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Shag SamCam and sell the story to the sun.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 7616
    tFB Trader
    VimFuego said:
    I heard recently of a fool proof scheme to make a million from horse breeding. Only catch is it requires start up funds of 2 million.
    Horses are the way to lose fortunes ... I have two and I'm poor :)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8201
    VimFuego said:
    Horses are the way to lose fortunes ... I have two and I'm poor :)
    I think the hay budget alone would bankrupt most people.
    My V key is broken