Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Full, in-depth MUSIC THEORY (see post 3) - Theory Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Full, in-depth MUSIC THEORY (see post 3)

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    edited July 2014
    Index
    -  part 1    Lessons  1-36
    -  part 2    Lessons 37-50

I am having problems pasting the whole index in, it seems to exponentially increase the character count every time it is edited.
    Just access the index through the two links above.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Next lesson available now - I hope it is all going well   :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    And another up and running for y'all...

Nearly there now, only a few more lessons to go.

Almost there now.

47. Structure in music, including Binary form and Ternary form.

I do hope that a few of us have managed to work through the whole course.

One more lesson after this, then a test if you want to check how much has stuck, and whether it is worth dipping back into the previous lessons for a refresher.  They are all here for you if you ever need them.

Well guys and gals, this is it, the very last lesson.

and if you want to check how much of this has stuck in memory, why not give the last test a go.

if you've made it this far, you deserve to succeed - good luck !

Well, with the clocks going back, and all those dark winter nights to look forward to, I just thought I would remind y'all that this is still here.

It would be great to hear back from some of you.

Has this helped, is the format useful, what did you get out of it ?

Any experiences you want to share ?

Cheers, Chris

Hey there y'all,

Just a quick 2015 reminder that this is still here as a resource for everyone.
    Dip in and out however you wish, take whatever is helpful...

Keep on rockin'

Happy New Year   :)

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 5849
    Hi Chris,
    Thanks for keeping this going, it is an excellent resource. 
    It would be nice if the mods could make this thread 'sticky' so that it remains at the top of the theory sub-forum

:)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4353
    Yep, great stuff
  • robgommrobgomm Frets: 1
    This is such a great resource!
  • It's nice that the admin team put this up as a sticky / announcement, so it is always easy to find.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, much appreciated, glad this is helpful to some of you  :)

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4610
    It's nice that the admin team put this up as a sticky / announcement, so it is always easy to find.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, much appreciated, glad this is helpful to some of you  :)
    Massively.

Thanks Chris and the Admin Team.
    Cheers @Alnico , happy new year 

And a happy new year to everyone on theFretBoard  :)

I have updated the "Other Resources" index at the beginning of this thread, for anyone interested....

>here<

Time for that resolve, driven by the new year ?

I have again (heavily) updated the "Other Resources" index at the beginning of this thread, for anyone interested....

Happy New Year ~ and happy learning  D 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1397
    I will be all over this as I missed it when I originally joined. I have picked up a bit of theory and quite enjoy it actually,maybe being an older learner helps with this side of music? I really with I'd have had a good music teacher when at school rather than some ex Forces old fogie who always wore a regimental blazer and tie and seemed only to care about a brass orchestra and classical music.