Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). We've become theFretBoard - Help & Feedback Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

We've become theFretBoard

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2324
    TTony said:
    Chuffola said:
    Regarding banner ads...

If you decide to go that route,

Read the last line of my post

;)

We've always said that ads are a no-no for us.  We prefer the clean design, we don't want to be "obliged" to the advertisers, most people block them anyway and - last but not least - they don't generate the revenue that they used to because most people now block them.

Oh, plus there'd be a shitstorm like never before on here.
    Not strictly true on the first point, numbers have gone down, but there is still (more than) reasonable revenue to be had from AdSense and things like Skimlinks/Viglinks, all dependent on traffic though.

Shitstorm wise, only show adverts to those not logged in, more benefit to signing up for free then and you earn money from visitors who don't contribute to the site, nice :)

Happy to help out with any of the above!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7708
    edited April 2016
    TTony said:

And finally, our logo designers all came back with designs using "theFretBoard" text format being the most visually appealing and effective.  
    This is why I'd be a rubbish designer. I think it looks awful, and can't get past it looking very amateurish or childish.  

Of course I didn't even notice till it was pointed out...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter