Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Leaf Hound - Never heard of them! - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Leaf Hound - Never heard of them!

mortmort Frets: 709

Leaf Hound's 'Growers of Mushroom' looked interesting  when it appeared in my Amazon 'similar items' list.

I'd never heard of them - so had a quick listen to the samples and was pretty surprised at how good it was - very Led Zep / Free, and considering it was recorded in 1970 gave it more legitimacy as these band were their contemporaries, so not really a pastiche.

I was surprised as I'm reasonably well-up on my 70s rock - how come they've slipped under the radar? I even looked in my old 70s NME 'Book of Rock'  and there's no mention of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNOGKDb1myA

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 896
    I first came across this band in Record Collector about 25 years ago. IIRC this was their only album and it wasn't very successful, so much so that the few copies still in existence at that time were changing hands for hundreds of pounds. Obviously, the interest in the album continued so it was eventually released on CD.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4649
    They had split up by the time.the album was released, hence why but so rare. Considering the pedigree it's not surprising it is so good. Linked to Free, Foghat, Cactus and Atomic Rooster.
    They did a second album about 8 years ago although it's only Pete French left.
  • I'm currently sitting behind a stage at Nene Valley Rock Festival where Leaf Hound are headlining tonight. They're pretty good even if I don't like this genre much. Never heard of them before. Nicer blokes too, Pete French is the only original member but his son is playing in the band.
    Seen Pete singing with Atomic Rooster a couple of times in the last few years.