Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). The Reviews Section - please read. - Gear Reviews Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

The Reviews Section - please read.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Gadget said:
    IMHO it would perhaps be best to encourage dissenting readers to add something along the lines of simply "see my alternative review of this item at (insert link) ", then people can go and look there for a different take.

I'm not trying to stifle opinion or debate, as that is obviously important, but the whole of the rest of the forum is for that. An individual's review should be just that, no matter how many and varied we have.
    @Gadget ;

Having thought about your comments, I think you're probably spot on.

@Roland - happy with that suggestion?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8108
    edited August 2016
    I agree that major differences of opinion merit separate reviews. There's room for both approaches, depending on what you have to say. If there's a major difference of opinion then it merits a second review. However it would stifle debate if we insisted on a fresh thread simply to say "actually, I don't find that because ..."
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter