Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). First "gig" in 31 years ... - Live Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

First "gig" in 31 years ...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    A definite improvement over the rehearsal recording, Tony. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Thanks guys.

Still getting grief from my good lady (who was there) .... "you never told me you were singing" ... it was a bit of a surprise for her.

Disappointing number of guitar-related mistakes though - nerves, I think!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    TTony said:
    Disappointing number of guitar-related mistakes though - nerves, I think!
    The more prominent mistakes are definitely not guitar related. :)
    The drumming has improved but your bass player does need to un-rust (or concentrate on what he's supposed to be playing). ;)
    edited August 2013
    ddlooping said:
    your bass player does need to un-rust (or concentrate on what he's supposed to be playing). ;)
    Let's just say that I'm not going to share any of the tracks on which he's doing vocals ;)
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    TTony said:
    We survived!

Audio & video clips may follow tomorrow,

Right now, I'm wined.

They sound great to me! I'm trying to get a pass for the cambridge blueberry jam tonight - will you be there?
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
    viz said:

They sound great to me! I'm trying to get a pass for the cambridge blueberry jam tonight - will you be there?
    Cheers Viz

Sorry - not there tonight - lunch involved wine, so I'll not be driving anywhere for a while ... zzzzzz
  • TTony said:
    For a "first gig in 31 years", you did abso-effing-lutely great TT. Nice one, liked it :)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    Great work Tony. 

You were sounding pretty good I thought. 

Nice sound as well, what amp are you using, still my Tech21?
    "Your" Tech 21??

:D

Yup - that's the amp.  It's the HFS pickup on 10, (in the Bailey custom build) that really generates that though.  If I turn it down a notch or two, the sound cleans up considerably.  So I just keep it on 10.

If you do need a dep bass player in a pinch give me a call. 
    You'd be most welcome to pop over sometime for a quick knock-about - give us the benefits of your somewhat greater experience and expertise.  

I think we'll need to find a new bassist, but the good ones seem to want to play/gig regularly and we don't usually have the time for that ...
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    "Your" Tech 21??

:D

Yup - that's the amp.  It's the HFS pickup on 10, (in the Bailey custom build) that really generates that though.  If I turn it down a notch or two, the sound cleans up considerably.  So I just keep it on 10.

If you do need a dep bass player in a pinch give me a call. 
    You'd be most welcome to pop over sometime for a quick knock-about - give us the benefits of your somewhat greater experience and expertise.  

I think we'll need to find a new bassist, but the good ones seem to want to play/gig regularly and we don't usually have the time for that ...
    Oops meant "My old" :D

I'd be up for a play. Regular rehearsals aren't good for me either, but I'm happy to learn a load of songs, do a couple of rehearsals and then blitz through a set as required, if that's any help to you.