Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Another NGD thread - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Another NGD thread

What's Hot
grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3165
So awhile back I bought an Ovation VXT that was a very lovely guitar but due to a right shoulder injury and its body thickness it couldn't stay so with some of the funds from its sale I got this

its a Westone Cutlass custom and it kicks ass!  UK made and a quality bit of kit, neck is identical to my old PRS CE22 but maybe a touch wider at 43mm nut. Anyway im a happy bunny so im going back to play it.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Lexie1Lexie1 Frets: 135
    Hard to beat a Westone from that era, very well done That Man! =P~
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    I like that - far classier than a PRS :)
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    Hi Rob, nice guitar that.   Hope you have found a keeper there.
    Sorry to hear about your shoulder, I dislocated mine badly years ago, it's never quite the same again.
    The one thing I would change about the PRS CE I got from you would be that slightly wider nut / neck, oh and maybe tone down the colour a bit.
    DT 25 amp too, what do you think of it?

Lixarto said:
    I like that - far classier than a PRS :)

Ouch !     ;)

• LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Don't get me wrong - a good PRS will play and sound fantastic; I just can't get on with the look. Most "rawk" guitars have the same effect on me.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    No worries mate, just teasing   ;)

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3165
    Hi Rob, nice guitar that.   Hope you have found a keeper there.
    Sorry to hear about your shoulder, I dislocated mine badly years ago, it's never quite the same again.
    The one thing I would change about the PRS CE I got from you would be that slightly wider nut / neck, oh and maybe tone down the colour a bit.
    DT 25 amp too, what do you think of it?

Hi Chris, That EG4 was/is a very nice guitar hope your still liking it?   this reminds me very much of it but the fingerboard is a touch rounder and makes it easier to chord. The DT 25 is a great amp, a box of tricks that sounds great on any setting and the added bonus of the low volume mode makes it ideal for home practice etc.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2022
    excellent :D
  • Like that, never seen one before. A bit reminiscent of an old Fender Lead I / II & a combination of their pickups too, plus a trem. Good buy there.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5698
    edited August 2013
    Lixarto said:
    Don't get me wrong - a good PRS will play and sound fantastic; I just can't get on with the look. Most "rawk" guitars have the same effect on me.

I played my old teachers £3000 (IIRC) PRS, which looked fantastic, and had a beautiful sunburst finish, but I couldn't wait to get back to my £400 strat. It looked awesome, but personally, I didn't like how it played.......

@grungebob ; that looks fantastic

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8409
    Nice geet, I'm not up on my Westones, what year is it?
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3165
    dindude said:
    Nice geet, I'm not up on my Westones, what year is it?

They made these late 90's/ early 2000's  this is serial number  80 so im guessing an early one. There are 3 "brands" named Westone the 1980's japanese ones that are great guitars, these UK made ones (designed by Sid Poole) also great guitars and then there's some very cheap  chinese/indonesia ones that are BC Rich copies and utter shit.

And thanks to all for the compliments its a cracker (actually a vintage cream but came out white in pics)

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3663
    I love the look of that bob. Forgive me for saying but it looks proper 70's punk.
    I play at my dining room table.
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2781
    Thats very cool indeed. Nice work sir.