Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). SOLD: Squier CV50s Strat Neck + bits - Parts £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

SOLD: Squier CV50s Strat Neck + bits

What's Hot
guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 3696
edited April 2015 in Parts £
First up, a pretty nice Squier CV50s neck that I bought last year as part of a complete Lake Placid Blue model. I then swapped out the body for a sherwood green one, and now I've swapped this neck for another CV50s one that is more tinted as it suits the green better! This one is fairly light in colour, pretty much the same as a Mexican Standard if you want a reference point. Date stamp on it is July 20th, 2009.

Specs are as per Fender norms so; 55.5mm heel width, 43mm nut, 21mm depth at first fret, medium frets, very little wear, and stock kluson type tuners. It weighs 457g/1lb-1/4oz on my kitchen scales minus tuners, if that matters?! I'm after £85 delivered, and will chuck in a threaded-insert kit for you too if you so wish. SOLD

Next are some mystery lipsticks. I think I got these off of @Jooky at some point so maybe he can shed light on their origin? They look as though they're Chinese judging by the ROHS stickers, but other than that your guess is as good as mine?! I haven't even unwrapped them except to take these pics as the project I bought them for changed somewhat! How about £17.50 delivered? SOLD

I've also got two A3 sheets of pickguard material that's unused. One is an Allparts Mint/B/M piece, and the other is a Gibson-style 5-plyfrom Stew-Mac. £15 for either, or £25 for both. I can take pics if required. SOLD

As usual, I'll knock some off if you buy multiple items etc.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    I finally found out that the Lipstick ones are the rather nice Blues Tubes Axesrus sell.

Alnico V magnets and toward the warmer end of vintage iirc :)

These are them and here is a sound sample thingy

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Cheers! I wonder if these are an older version then? They have the flat baseplate rather than the bent legs version? Intriguing...
  • Trem's sold.
    Cheers! I wonder if these are an older version then? They have the flat baseplate rather than the bent legs version? Intriguing...
    in which case, I may be totally wrong. When I bought them - 3 or 4 sets, I forget - originally I was told they were Kent Armstrong and blithely made a prat of myself over the whole shaboom...but have never really got to the bottom of it since :( They sounded verily good though where I used them, so I guess it doesn't matter that much..)

• DodgeDodge Frets: 1296
    LSC80's are by Artec, and i'm fairly sure they're ceramic, not alnico.
  • You might well be right there Dodge, just found these on their site but the numbers have changed slightly again. Chances are it's the right lineage though;

• DodgeDodge Frets: 1296
    Yep, that's the same series.  LSC's are ceramic, LSA's are alnico and the 70 and 80 is the length of the tube in mm.  70mm fitting in a stock Strat pickguard rout.

I've got some GFS-branded LSA70's in my Pacifica 12 string and they're brilliant, I've also got the Duncan equivalents in a Strat and they're quite close in performance - I wouldn't spend the extra on Duncans if I bought more.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 11799
    would these be an improvement on stock Dano's?
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • Soz @Jonnyburgo - completely missed your reply and forgot about this thread! I'd been a bit distracted the last few weeks with exams and coursework deadlines piling up.

To answer your question, I'm honestly not sure. I've only played a recent Dano once, but it was unplugged! :-O
    @johnnyburgo I think they are more of a Strat sound than a Dano one tbh, sheep in Wulfes afghan and all that :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Bump, offers invited :)